New Shield System!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be Awesome if Docked Turrets gets the Shield of the Main Ship, like I dock a Turret on a Ship with 1million shield points, 25% of it goes to the 1 turret and if i dock more the 25% gets splitten into all turrets like:

S=T/25%+s
    S = Shields for every Turret

T = Number of Turrets

s = Shields in the turret itself
    as Example with 5 turrets and 1million shield points (without and with shields itself)

50000=25%/5 so every turret gets 50k shields before it can be destroyed.

55000=25%/5+5000 every turret gets the 50k and has their own shields still so they get 55k.

Schema can choose the numbers but this is just a calculation how it could look like, that it isnt getting to op, and the turrets could get fully armed with Weapons etc.

Reaction score
    Or what if we had 2 shield computer, like the ones for weapons.
    One for the ships shield systems, where we decide if we want to have more shield regeneration, less regeneration cooldown or just more shields in general.
    And the other for the turrets docked, where we set how much shields we want to allocate to which turret.

I hope you get the idea, my english isn\'t the best..

Xheberiotion here is a friend of mine btw.

Reaction score
    one way it could be accomplished through use of shield stats much like done with weapons menu. There, you could allocate the percentage of total shields to several attributes and balance them that way.

Reaction score
    Would be great if turrets could share the shield of the mainship.

They are, like they are atm, way too vulnerable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes you can. This also makes turrets huge and much larger then they need to be.

You could implement a small penelty for transferring to the turrets.