New Power System/Auxillary Question

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So here's my Quarterly stupid question that ties directly to my obsession with building Star Trek.

So if I understand the new power system, you can dock a reactor. But only one reactor can be active across the entire entity chain.

So in theory I could build my full RP Star Trek ship with a electable warp core.

But then I remembered Aux Power. Since that explodes it might make more sense. Aux goes off like a roman candle correct? Like slow at first then BOOM?

So the question is (1) am I correct or atleast correct to the understanding that we can have? & (2) which do you think would make a better RP warp core?

Reaction score
    I'd wait and see if Aux power would even still be a thing with the new system, first.
    If your main reactor goes down, though, then making it eject when you switch to a backup could save you some mass... but those are expensive blocks.

Reaction score
    So if I understand the new power system, you can dock a reactor. But only one reactor can be active across the entire entity chain.
    No you do not. Only one reactor can be active across the dock chain and it's the root entity's reactor.
    So in theory I could build my full RP Star Trek ship with a electable warp core.
    Only if it's on the core entity.

Also note: AUX is a part of the old system. Unless devs "upgrade" it to the new system, it will be removed eventually.
    It also may not function on a dock chain that has the new reactor - if old power system is enabled the ship switches to new one if a reactor block is placed, theoretically that may also affect all entities in the dock chain.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Quoting Lancake from the latest Dev blog, for further clarification:
    Power auxiliary will have no function with the new power system, but will still work just fine for the old one. As soon as you use a new reactor block on your structure, it switches over to the new system and any of the power auxiliary ones would stop being relevant. There would be a config option though, to either disable the old power system completely or to still have it work till the new power blocks are put on the entity.