New power system and Warpgates

Reaction score
    Hello there!
    I've been trying to build a warp gate since the new "teleport anywhere" perks seemed really interesting. I used a 100 radius circle (800 warp gates block), managed to have it powered it up with 5000 reactor block, 25% stabilisation to get the maximum e/sec and added 3 chambers to get the free teleportation and first range increase. It works pretty fine to teleport my 150 mass fighter ... and that's all. Swapped the range perk for an energy reduction cost perk ... Still can't get trough that get with my half filled 800 mass cargo ship.

SO I UPGRADED IT. 100 000 generator blocks, still 25% stabilisation, everyting fine.

Wait no, nothing is fine, I still can't get my 800 mass cargo trough the gate even though I multiplied the reactor in size by 20!

Ah right, it's okay, that red message tells me the amount of energy I need ... Ah nope, it gives you a blank value. Well.

I did some research and the energy cost formula should be 100 e * warp gates block + 100 e*ship mass. And that doesn't correlate with what i'm seeing right now, So I assume it got changed to adapt the new power system

So ... Does anyone have a formula on how energy cost per mass is calculated now so I can have an idea of how much times larger than my gate should be my reactor?

(srsly tho a giant gate barely able to teleport a ship core is pretty silly)

Reaction score
    I'm having this same issue. I've been trying to get my 22k ship through...... I went up to 55 million e/s. I think it's a bug. This new power system hurts me inside.

Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Must be a bug i've done the same with same results..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I filed a bug on this, but it hasn't received any activity yet. From what I can tell, the Warp Gate is still using the mass of the ship, and seems to have some sort of unknown capacity that charges up very slowly. If you just want it to "work", you can change the PowerNeededPerMass to zero in the blockBehaviorConfig.xml.

Reactions: kikaha

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I haven't messed with warpgates, but if i do now, I'll use old power.

Reaction score
    It not updated to power 2.0 yet.
    the warp gate still needs "stored energy" as in capacitors to work. wich means for the new power system a really massive amount of reactor blocks... just be patient until it gets properly updated or change the block behavior config as mentioned above until then.

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It not updated to power 2.0 yet.
    the warp gate still needs "stored energy" as in capacitors to work. wich means for the new power system a really massive amount of reactor blocks... just be patient until it gets properly updated or change the block behavior config as mentioned above until then.
    Yup or just use old power

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To be honest I have found everything involving warpgates to have been hopelessly bugged since forever. You would expect them to add a shop like interface (make the warpgates act more like mass relays from mass effect) but they stick to this physical gate that simple doesn't work most of the time.

Reaction score
    I believe this is still bugged. It tells me I'm requiring more power for the mass:

Then doesn't specify how much more power I need. It's really annoying to say the least!

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I believe this is still bugged. It tells me I'm requiring more power for the mass:

Then doesn't specify how much more power I need. It's really annoying to say the least!
    JW608 had that problem no matter how much power he had. I hope it gets fixed soon.