New player model

Reaction score
    So I saw the new player model and I thought I would make one myself

tell me what you think, I made it with the head slightly bigger for helmet texture, but I did hear that soon helmets will be seperate right?

Thanks Chizilu

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has it been confirmed that schemas changing the player model, or is this a suggestion. If it\'s going to be real than YES! If not then Schema, if you don\'t add this millions of children will cry themselves to sleep at night!!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Interesting model but I don\'t really like the square-head style, I know it\'s a voxel game but it\'s not really all square since we have wedges, unlike Minecraft which is really square with stairs and everything.

The head is also a bit too big, if you were to add a spacesuit helmet over it, it would look silly.

The body is nice, feet joints and everything... the knees could use a wedge shape though :P

About the head again... you could inspire from low-poly old games, like: http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/2/27/Scientist_models.jpg

Also, it could use some optimization, for example, you don\'t need to split the top-body which makes additional cutting in the texture and more importantly extra polygons, a single face is enough, same thing for head\'s bottom face and wrist-to-hand face... unless if the 3D editor splits them automatically and you\'ll be optimizing regardless if accepted.

Reaction score
    Also, it could use some optimization, for example, you don\'t need to split the top-body which makes additional cutting in the texture and more importantly extra polygons, a single face is enough, same thing for head\'s bottom face and wrist-to-hand face... unless if the 3D editor splits them automatically and you\'ll be optimizing regardless if accepted.

I don\'t think a low-poly model like that would cause extra load under any circumstances, a few faces more or less wouldn\'t matter a thing.

Reaction score
    It\'s beetlebear that is doing the new player model. there is an image of it on his twitter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I found a pic of the current idea for a new player model on chizilu\'s starmade tumblr and this one looks incredibly better... although I might lower the amount of pixels just a bit to get a more... voxel-ish look. Mostly though I really like chizilu\'s head changes. It might need to be shrunk a smidge but the v shape on the original face was kinda\' strange plus it was a really really small square... so I think you should keep the back of the original head, flatten the face (like chizilu did) and make it a bit bigger...than it would be perfect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I found a pic of the current idea for a new player model on chizilu\'s starmade tumblr

Guess who made this post here.

I just think you meant to say beetlebear\'s twitter?

If not then I\'m thoroughly confused.