New player, game CTD when loading world

Reaction score
    I've just installed the game for the first time, and while the launcher launches and I can load to the main menu, any attempts to load into a world crash early in loading. First, the program freezes. Then, when tabbing out to check for any popped-up errors, the game process terminates entirely. I tried waiting for 5 minutes after it freezes without tabbing out or touching it, and it does not load. I tried updating Java, experienced the same problem. I ran starmadechecker.exe and it detected no issues. I had a friend look through the attached log and there was nothing of note he could see, but it is attached anyways. Please let me know if there is anything else I should try or upload. I think I would really enjoy this game, so any help getting it to work would be greatly appreciated! I made a ticket with this but the tickets don't seem to be working right, so my friend who showed me this game told me to put it here as well

Attachments

Reactions: ComCardinal

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I've just installed the game for the first time, and while the launcher launches and I can load to the main menu, any attempts to load into a world crash early in loading. First, the program freezes. Then, when tabbing out to check for any popped-up errors, the game process terminates entirely. I tried waiting for 5 minutes after it freezes without tabbing out or touching it, and it does not load. I tried updating Java, experienced the same problem. I ran starmadechecker.exe and it detected no issues. I had a friend look through the attached log and there was nothing of note he could see, but it is attached anyways. Please let me know if there is anything else I should try or upload. I think I would really enjoy this game, so any help getting it to work would be greatly appreciated! I made a ticket with this but the tickets don't seem to be working right, so my friend who showed me this game told me to put it here as well
    The ticket worked perfectly and I replied you there.