New Player - Advice on Scale

Reaction score
    Since this thread is a little over a year and a half old, this'll be a bit more general.

If you're new, and want to know how everyone scales their stuff, know that there is no agreed upon standard. It varies from person to person, server to server. Also, wanting an "official" system from schine is against the very spirit and porpoise of the game! IRL ship sizes and roles became what they did because of lessons learned from mistakes in design or function that came about from ACTUAL interactions. Aside from a brief period between world wars, countries never got together and agreed on default ship classes and their sizes.

If your ship does what you intended as well as you wanted it to, then it's a good design.

Also, Idk how to categorize someone as an "advanced" builder, but I find doing the hull first is severely limiting. Try that out, systems first, or just frame the thing out then do everything simultaneously lol

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    still im pretty sure the agreed standard for titans is very big, and atleast 1km in at least one dimension.

so I can say I have a titan sized bridge.

Reaction score
    Who did that necro, I didnt expect that lol.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, one thing that always springs to mind for me in situations like these:

Either complain about necro posts, or complain about people not using Search. You don't get both. If someone necro'ed a thread, its because they used Search and found it, which is a good thing. :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, one thing that always springs to mind for me in situations like these:

Either complain about necro posts, or complain about people not using Search. You don't get both. If someone necro'ed a thread, its because they used Search and found it, which is a good thing. :)
    I'd agree if a thread was necro'd to ask for clarification on something, but when you're necroing to answer a question that was already answered...