new planets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only thing that I know can change, is that hey should load the visible chunks first, and the others later. The rest is up to schema I suppose.

Reaction score
    rain planets. earth planets with continuous rain and mud blocks and wedges. ships will sink through mud until it reaches a solid layer and wedges are slippy and make you slide down. also some spots with solid rock.

cave planets. on the surface: gray rock. under the upper layers: big holes and caves filled with strange,light-emitting, green crystals(similar to ice crystals).

aqua planets. planets with a thin crust and a large bubble of water around it. instead of most of the planet surface, there should be water (in liquid state) acting like a second atmosphere with less gravity. your ship will sink but players can move like in space, unless within range of an active G-module. the crust is mountainous and some parts emerge as islands. water absorbs anti-matter and cannons can't fire under water. the water bubble can't be harvested.

-atmosphere
    -water
    -crust
    -core

moon system. around some planets, another, (0.3-0.5x the size of a standard planet) smaller planet with a random ecosystem.

variable planet size. 0.5x would be the minimum size and 2x size would be max

to funny bunny: WHY THE **** did you have to waist my time with a link to 5 min and 4 sec of ******* NIGHTMARE?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    to funny bunny: WHY THE **** did you have to waist my time with a link to 5 min and 4 sec of ******* NIGHTMARE?
    Because I think it is hilarious. Well that, and I can't embed it. It also is because I couldn't find a shorter video that was better.

No on-topic. Sorry. There just is nothing other to say than 'there should be a planet for this, that and these things'.

Reaction score
    rain planets. earth planets with continuous rain and mud blocks and wedges. ships will sink through mud until it reaches a solid layer and wedges are slippy and make you slide down. also some spots with solid rock.
    YODA PLANETS!

Reaction score
    i think a larger variety of planets would be like a variety of space stations. new planets would promote the exploration and will open up new possibilities. moon bases, vulcano hideouts, i don't know: candy fortresses. it would begin a new era for planetary bases. it's a space game, but planets are also a part of space. (name 1 damn sci-fi without planets)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm planning a whole new thread to list a couple of universe improvements. It will feature all sorts of things, and I will post it some time next week when I have time. I'm looking for more ideas though, so keep posting!

Ps: If someone would like to help me with new ideas, feel free to pm me! Just please, for the love of my neat peofile page, don't post in profile messages. It can only conaist of 140 characters, and I use it to post my things, so just pm like any normal person would do.

Edit: I'm saying this because some people posted things like: 'Hey there! i would like to talk'! and other things that should be in a pm. I feel that the profile psots should be to describe a person, and/or give more insight into yourself.

Reactions: wafflepie
    Reaction score
    consider posting on my universe suggestions thread before you create your own. Its possible that our ideas overlap.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/new-universe-structure-suggestions.2804/#post-41467

We need sector-size planets and seamless space to atmosphere transitions. cool cool cool! I want REAL planets! I want to spend a long time building a ship that can reach an actual planet through jumping to hyperspace, and then once you reach the planet it takes 2 minutes to go all the way around it. I want your massive titan or station to be minuscule compared to the planet which takes up the entire screen when you are on the edge of its atmosphere and holds you in orbit through mock gravity.

refer to my thread above, suggestion #5 for a better explanation!

Reaction score
    Actually for more realistic planets and universe...
    1. Get a good computer. Preferably NASA-grade.
    2. Set sector size to 100000
    3. Planet size 100000
    4. Top speed 10000000.
    There ya go.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Reactions: Valiant70

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually for more realistic planets and universe...
    1. Get a good computer. Preferably NASA-grade.
    2. Set sector size to 100000
    3. Planet size 100000
    4. Top speed 10000000.
    There ya go.
    + Limit planets per sol-system to a min to max.
    + Give each planet a smaller moon
    + Put planets into a rough disk around the star
    + Put stars in a rough disk around the galactic centre

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sicilian oxide planets (rocky planets)
    planets with real cores relative to their size and what they are made of. core could be mostly made of nickel and iron
    The core could be 1/25 of the area of the planet there already is cores that are like magma the earths inner core is soild

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sicilian oxide planets (rocky planets)
    planets with real cores relative to their size and what they are made of. core could be mostly made of nickel and iron
    But that would be a lot harder to implement (create) than just numbers (how many, where, size)

lochenspace

Redstone Fusion Engineer
    Reaction score
    Ah yes, the original "gas giants" thread from over 3 years ago....
    How ancient this post is, and yet SO MANY PEOPLE (me included) have made their own Gas Giant suggestion post.

Wonder how long it will take for the developers to read them and/or consider implementing gas giants?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about disk-shaped planets that have a flat bottom and a straight edge and are landscaped on top? They could be positioned so that when you press 'C' your ship would orient with them perfectly and you could land on them and use their natural full-time gravity as a realistic effect for the base you build there? You could tunnel in them and terraform them to. Wouldn't that be awesome? Why didn't anyone think of this?
    Give us back our cookies!!! xD
    Seriously, they lagged far less than those dodecahedrons...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    those dodecahedrons...
    Pretty sure they act as gas giants from time to time. You can pass strait thru them. Only they sometimes change their minds mid way and then the planet plate kills you...