New planets & faction bases

Reaction score
    So I was doing some testing with the new planets, and i found something out:

You can only make a homebase for your faction on one of the "sides" of the planet. all other sides can be destroyed, letting people blow up a planet thats being colonized by players.

This is kind of dissapointing if you ask me. if you cant protect the entire planet from being shot up, what reason is there now to try to build on a planet if some random joe can just shoot the planet core from the other side of the planet and ruin all your factions work.

There has to be a way a faction can claim the entire planet as a home base, so they don't have to worry about ye olde random troll blowing up the planet while they are logged off.

that said i love the new design of planets, but i feel the way they can be factioned needs to be worked imo.

Reactions: Eelviny
    Reaction score
    There is, I think the update news mentioned you might want to put down faction blocks on each side of a planet to protect it, maybe put a small shield building down on each side, too. On the other hand, This might turn controlling a planet into Planetside: Starmade edition with multiple factions trying to control it. Or it might once person to person combat gets fleshed out.

Reaction score
    i tried putting faction blocks on each side, and tested.

i wasnt able to damage and destroy the "home base" side.

but the other sides i was able to destroy blocks.

if its a bug, then it might need to be looked at, but its what i have experinced

Reaction score
    I guess the other sides are considered separate bases.

EDIT: Gonna have to agree with your bug statment. Maybe they should add a home planet option alongside the home base option as well

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This also happens with unfactioning, and planet naming... which is really annoying.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Are you sure you've updated to the newest version? Because it says the bug has been fixed.