New patch

Reaction score
    Nope. :)
    This means that you passed a wrong directory to cd. Directory names are case-sensitve (so "starmade" instead of "StarMade" won't work), also the one in my post was just a placeholder. Assuming you have SM in a directory "~/Games", then the correct path would be "~/Games/StarMade". Other directories analogously.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This means that you passed a wrong directory to cd. Directory names are case-sensitve (so "starmade" instead of "StarMade" won't work), also the one in my post was just a placeholder. Assuming you have SM in a directory "~/Games", then the correct path would be "~/Games/StarMade". Other directories analogously.
    I copied and pasted your code
    will you give me an exaple, what should I put after /path and /to?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    ok so I did this
    cd /path/Desktop/StarMade

java -jar StarMade.jar -force
    and the same messages came up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    ok man I owe u one big time u are my new best friend, u are amazing thanks soooooo much!!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    however do I have to do that every time I want to play starmade?

Reaction score
    Okay, I am assuming the game works when launched via the terminal, but not with the starter? I've heard of this before, but we couldn't find out what is causing this. Maybe this will change with the upcoming new starter, but I can't promise anything.
    So yes, you will probably have to do this everytime. It should be possible to create a file which performs these actions when clicking on it, but I can't really help you with that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Try "cd ~/Desktop/StarMade".
    it worked but it is strange as it says that I am out of memory when its a clean universe. why is this? It also now says: "this name is protected on this server, why is this?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    try to uplink and also allocate more memory in the launcher

Reaction score
    Adjusting the settings in the starter won't do anything if you're not using it to start the game.
    You have to pass those values as command line parameters. For instance:
    Code:
    java -Xmx4096M -jar StarMade.jar
    This will set the maximum memory to 4096M. Lower values like 2048M should be fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Adjusting the settings in the starter won't do anything if you're not using it to start the game.
    You have to pass those values as command line parameters. For instance:
    Code:
    java -Xmx4096M -jar StarMade.jar
    This will set the maximum memory to 4096M. Lower values like 2048M should be fine.
    Its ok now, I don't know what you did but the launcher is now working, thanks so much and I am suggesting for you to be a monitor
    but thanks so much