New Npc...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi ...

Im playing this awesome game by few days and i think is awesome, i know it just start and it will have an big succes in the future ... well my suggestion is (singleplayer) : in starmade ur pretty much solo ... it will be nice if u could make some structures like ... some kind of bars or well citys on the different planets ( i dnt mean to make an village on every planet but it will be nice to make almost 1 every 10 sectors or so ) from wich u can get resources or trade and even buy comrades if u got biggs ships , and make even other entities not only pirates and police ( btw it will be nice if u could find it in the universe not only when u shot the shop) like merchants , normale people .

I hope u like my suggestion and i apologize for my gramma but im not very good in english =)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea.

I don\'t mean to compare with other games, but grab Minecraft for instance. They implemented NPCs not so long ago.

My point is that there is alot to do at the moment, but I\'m pretty sure you won\'t be alone in the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks dude =) i know it will be awesome in the future =) but alien civilization sounds so awesome O,o

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of there being more to a planet than shrubberies (obligitory monty python voice). But it would have to be somthing that is unique to planets, sure NPCs that are merchants etc would work but if its the same stuff from a space shop, all you will create is another shop but its not floating in space. Perhaps you buy Bobby AI\'s there until you can hire mercenaries (since the motivation of the two is similar, superficialy).

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I second this.

Rather than just having boring old shops, we could very easily have outright stations with both docks and mooring points attached to transport tubes. The actual shop would be an area of the station branching off of a common area along with a bar and a mission board for randomly generated stuff.

For the sake of simplicity, this would require an additional block - a sign. That\'d be helpful for large ships, too, since you could be pointed in the right direction to, say, the engineering deck and whatnot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also it wuold be nice if NPCs weren\'t just faceless ships but actual \"people\" or creatures. Just would be cool to see a pirate base swarming with pirates trying to kill you. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is a great idea, one that deserves attention in the future. Hopefully it will be noted down.

As for right now, I don\'t think any focus should be put on anything else than building the actual game mechanics and optimizing them, which is essential for any multiplayer-based experience.

In the meantime, nothing restricts you from building a bar, and tending to it. If you do, let me know server/coords, I\'ll be sure to pay that bar a visit ;)