New Nav Filter: Ships docked to stations only

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This filter would be "split off" from what is currently the "Docks" filter option.

The idea is simple: This will put any "ship" object on your nav and HUD which is docked to a station. It will NOT show ships that are docked to other ships, nor will it show a ship that is docked to a ship which is itself docked to a station (only the ship docked to the station itself is shown).

This option would be useful when wanting to see the ships docked to a station without also seeing every one of their moving parts, generators, or other docked objects on said ships.

The current docked objects filter would continue to work as normal, with this new option being a toggle or something for it (which when active, only shows "ships" docked one level up from the station instead of all docks).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, what if I attach a docking plate to a station and a ship to that docking plate?

Is the game able to differentiate ships? For example by checking for installed thrusters?

Who prevents me from putting thrusters on a turret or blast-door?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This filter would be "split off" from what is currently the "Docks" filter option.

The idea is simple: This will put any "ship" object on your nav and HUD which is docked to a station. It will NOT show ships that are docked to other ships, nor will it show a ship that is docked to a ship which is itself docked to a station (only the ship docked to the station itself is shown).

This option would be useful when wanting to see the ships docked to a station without also seeing every one of their moving parts, generators, or other docked objects on said ships.

The current docked objects filter would continue to work as normal, with this new option being a toggle or something for it (which when active, only shows "ships" docked one level up from the station instead of all docks).
    Great idea. Would be handy as an additional filter.

Ok, what if I attach a docking plate to a station and a ship to that docking plate?

Is the game able to differentiate ships? For example by checking for installed thrusters?

Who prevents me from putting thrusters on a turret or blast-door?
    It would only see the docking plate.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Remembering a few stations I saw which are long sticks with houses and landing platforms on them, this wouldn't be a good solution.
    You could use it to disguise a titan loaded with death from above. ;)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is a feature I constantly find myself wanting.

Reaction score
    I'd want to see this, but with as a new sub-selection on the nav menu: "Show Docked", then, as a sub-option, "Show Chain Docks" and then a choice or slider for depth of chain. As in, two to infinity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, yes. The ability to disable chain docks from being shown (or rather, specifying how "deep" it goes before not showing them) would also be very useful, and possibly even a suitable replacement for the original concept.

That would also allow us to reduce clutter when, for instance, only showing turret docks, since we would only then see 1 HUD/Nav menu indicator per turret instead of 2.

Reaction score
    Yeah. Seems like a simple enough option to implement. Hopefully it will be implemented soon.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, once an entity is docked on a turret-dock, display no subsequent entities.

And the same for entities which have both thrusters and power (ships).