New Module Type and nerfs

Reaction score
    I came up putting some ideas together to bring more player objects to the game.

- First, nerf the modifiers for mining in unowned and owned systems.
    - Bring "aura" modules to the game. They will be toggled with cooldown timer when deactivated
    - Bring buffs to:
    - - increase damage systems
    - - decrease system cooldowns
    - - bring more loot to mining (nerf default configs)

This could lead to warfare systems, bringing more effective "support" to war and general gameplay.
    those system may be restricted to ships only and (maybe) disable the functionality of using turrets, so it can't be abused (or decrease effectiveness of the "buff" systems).

This can be refined like a lot. I just put together a few thought I had about building more roles. :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No new modules, please.
    The server config values work just fine so far for owned / factioned systems, and is a good incentive to claim territory. Plus... when applied to manufacturing instead of mining, it lessens mining lag and improves server performance.

Reaction score
    Madman198237 it is meant to grant a buff to the fleet ships (or allied ships in system/ certain distance?) to increase efficiency in whatever way, like increases damage output, reduce damage taken, decrease power consumption, decrease cooldown cycle. the effects possible can vary.

That systems are meant supportive and add another ship role.

Ghent96 I can't see how a flag on a system like "Mining buff active" with an amount calculated by the running system will "increase" lag, because it is a single set/get value... don't overuse the word "lag", please. Same for the damage bufs and such.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    IMO 'buff' systems are terrible as they inevitably become essential for PVP.

The game is promoting ship specialization iirc. If you want to buff a weak ship you can already;
    Increase damage - add more weapon blocks
    Decrease cooldown - slave cannon
    More mining - add more salvage systems