New menu, commands, and multiple saves.

What ideas do you think would help gameplay?

• Total voters

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The is a few things missing from Star-made that are kinda needed for voxel games.

First, I want to make some adventure styled maps. But, if I make a level people would have to replace their save and make a backup of it before playing the level! Could there be a level selection where you choose a level file to play in-launcher?

Second, there needs to be some new kinds of commands if multiple levels can be accessed. If someone makes an adventure map they might want other players to spawn on a planet with the main area. This would need a spawn point setting command.

Third, if this game is going to be sold, some people might want the advanced options, difficulty, and textures to be able to select them in-game. This would require an in-game menu.

(This is not me trying to sound rude or like a critic, I really mean this to be constructive and not a complaint list.)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Set spawn points with Underneaths.

Use sector-import for levels (if you are admin like in single-player).

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Set spawn points with Underneaths.

Use sector-import for levels (if you are admin like in single-player).
    I have no idea what you just said. Could you maybe explain in more detail? I have no idea what sector-import or Underneaths are...

EDIT: OH! I think you mean Undeathinators? (Auto correct is nasty)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can set the coordinates of the default spawn-point for new players into the world in the server config (there are 4) but I'm not sure how to get the coordniates of a player in the game (if you want people to start in a certain structure or a specific room) perhaps an admin command should be added? (/set_new_player_spawn <spawn number>) Undeathinators are a block that you can put on stations to allow you to change your respawn point.
    Also by "level" I assume you are talking about specific different worlds with save files? Hopefully the new launcher will have the features of the starlaunch mod and possibly use the same window as the main game.
    Sector imports are a way to save the entire contents of a sector, and then put it into another location or in another server or in the same server after it resets.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So do I set a sector for the spawn, or can I set the exact coords?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can also set the default spawning sector, but you can only do that for all of them (you can't have one spawn point be in another sector)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you can set your own personal spawn point in game with the /set_spawn admin command ,
    if this could be expanded on , to set default spawn point for all players or individual players as well, it would be ideal for this purpous

So do I set a sector for the spawn, or can I set the exact coords?
    in the server config you can set sector and 4 sets of local coords for 4 diferent spawn locations within that sector, each time a new player spawns its on the next set of coords on the list
    so 2 players spawning at the same time dont spawn in the same place and collide with each other, thats why the shop in default spawn has 4 undeathinators

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Ah! So the /set_spawn will work as if everyone used undeathinators in that place. But for the first time they spawn? If so: Thanks soooo much!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    oops didn't check the full command list before posting.
    there is a command for setting every players spawn point - /set_global_spawn,
    the /set_spawn command is only for the player that issues the command

Reaction score
    I don't touch the commands, so I have a question. With the new crafting system, I think it would be cool to start off on a planet and craft your way to the stars. So my question is, will the /set_spawn command work on a planets surface?