New hull block type

Do we need this type hull block?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Ok, Ive just found out about tetra and penta hull blocks. This made me to remake lots of parts on my ship that I am currently building. And Ive just found out part where tetra block doesnt cut it. Ive draw a little picture to explain the problem. Its not that much important as tetra and penta blocks but still. Why not?

One possible problem with this kind of block is that is not completely symmetrical like the other blocks. And for different angles you would need probably a mirror one. That shouldnt be a problem if all angles and rotations are implemented to the browser or just implement a button that switch the block to a mirror one. Starmade_suggestion_of_new_block.jpg

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    You know what MIGHT solve your problem. Learn the 45 on 45 trick with corner blocks. Wedge, then block, then another wedge creating a 45 degree angle 3 blocks thick. Then use corners to make the edge of that 45 degree structure a 45 degree going in the perpendicular direction.

Here is an illustration.

Can't say this is what you want but it seems like it is. I see people use it all the time.

Reaction score
    You know what MIGHT solve your problem. Learn the 45 on 45 trick with corner blocks. Wedge, then block, then another wedge creating a 45 degree angle 3 blocks thick. Then use corners to make the edge of that 45 degree structure a 45 degree going in the perpendicular direction.

Here is an illustration.

Can't say this is what you want but it seems like it is. I see people use it all the time.

Nope this isnt what I want. I wanted block that is sloped in top view and left or right. But whatever...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As one person said on the old forums, "This is a game, not a high-poly 3D modelling program".

Reaction score
    While I wouldn't mind ANY new blocks for building (shape, decoration, ect) I wouldn't be devastated if we did not get this block. Either way works for me

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    They aren't likely to add in every shape as they would have to do it for every single color and hull type currently.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah, it took me a while. But I get it: basically a variation on the Tetra where one of the edges along each angled face is running in a cardinal direction. Detailed modellers are also hopeful that we might one day get a twisted edge piece, where the line edge on one side is perpendicular to the line edge on the opposite side. Similar in concept to this shape.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think we can all agree that this is one for the back burner.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Here is an illustration.

Can you explain this to me or send a link to a tutorial I'm having issues finding one. Thanks.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Can you explain this to me or send a link to a tutorial I'm having issues finding one. Thanks.
    Look at the first image here:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sfw-rook.1507/

Look at the wings. You will see corners on the wings, It should be easy to see individual ones because of lighting glitches. That is the 45 on 45 trick. It must be 3 blocks thick, a wedge, a block or empty space, then the other wedge. It creates the 45 degree angle of the wing. Then you use corners to make a smooth 45 degree slant in the parallel direction.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Look at the first image here:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sfw-rook.1507/

Look at the wings. You will see corners on the wings, It should be easy to see individual ones because of lighting glitches. That is the 45 on 45 trick. It must be 3 blocks thick, a wedge, a block or empty space, then the other wedge. It creates the 45 degree angle of the wing. Then you use corners to make a smooth 45 degree slant in the parallel direction.
    This looks like sorcery.