New GUI not coming up

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I have got the Dev version v0.1869 but it is very strange because I have still got the old GUI instead of the new GUI that would have come in that update for everything... Why is this? And how can I get the new GUI if it is not coming up for some reason in that update which I downloaded?

Reaction score
    I think it's not coming yet. Schema said he's only releasing some screens until it's actually finalised. Judging from negative reactions, it's likely he's tuning it before release.

The dev releases are mostly ambitious bugfixes, in case it breaks something before release.

D

Deleted member 392097

I think it's not coming yet. Schema said he's only releasing some screens until it's actually finalised. Judging from negative reactions, it's likely he's tuning it before release.

The dev releases are mostly ambitious bugfixes, in case it breaks something before release.
    This screenshot which says "v0.1869" at the top just confused me: http://i.imgur.com/oFqo9Fa.jpg (first image in this post: http://star-made.org/news/starmade-dev-update-new-gui ). As that was the version which I got.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    What Toyota said! It s not yet released.
    The pictures Schema did show was a sort of pre view on what is maybe comming .

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I have got the Dev version v0.1869 but it is very strange because I have still got the old GUI instead of the new GUI that would have come in that update for everything... Why is this? And how can I get the new GUI if it is not coming up for some reason in that update which I downloaded?
    The GUI is still under heavy development, as such it is not open to public testing yet. Schema wanted to provide a small status update for the project it as it would be a while between major updates (and longer than initially predicted).

Judging from negative reactions, it's likely he's tuning it before release.
    lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    FYI, those negative reactions on the new GUI are completely out of place (if there are any). The showcased GUI was finished for 5% tops.

D

Deleted member 392097

I think that the new GUI looks amazing and is a great improvement. I don't really understand the people who are giving the negative reactions. The game really needs a fresh look and feel for the GUI I think, the old one has just been there too long and doesn't look as cool as the new one still in development! :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Negative reactions? Who, what, where, did I miss something... o_O

Nah, just sarcasm I suppose. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Nah, it needs work. If it's released as it is in the screens, dear god no.

Anyway, I give it another 5 weeks before we get an update on it. Don't hold your breath, there's like 2 or 3 max working on it. Small team, big game.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've only ever heard 2 major complaints of sorts;
    The Bars are too narrow, it would be harder to see them at a glace.
    The Nav icons were set to fade at a distance, which would make long range targeting a bigger problem then it is, since you cant see them.

Might also be alot of small layout issues o- o I personally would like the bars to be at the bottom, instead of up in a separate window. I dunno, I just really want things at the bottom and out of the way instead of spread out, it's easier for me. Hopefully there are more modding options for the GUI other than a reskin this time around though, would be really nice (More nice for faction RP kinda things)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've only ever heard 2 major complaints of sorts;
    The Bars are too narrow, it would be harder to see them at a glace.
    The Nav icons were set to fade at a distance, which would make long range targeting a bigger problem then it is, since you cant see them.

Might also be alot of small layout issues o- o I personally would like the bars to be at the bottom, instead of up in a separate window. I dunno, I just really want things at the bottom and out of the way instead of spread out, it's easier for me. Hopefully there are more modding options for the GUI other than a reskin this time around though, would be really nice (More nice for faction RP kinda things)
    There will likely be far fewer issues with the actual release. I expect the nav icons will be changed quite a bit more. (They've already been worked on I see, and I like what I see so far.) I'll bet the bars will be widened or brightened to make them more visible.