New gear poll

Please vote for what you think would be cool to have in-game!

• Total voters

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    These ideas for gear would be bought from shops to make it less OP. Please give criticisms as long as they are constructive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the escape pods would be a block that just fires the player out at crazy high speed towards the nearest planet or something.

Reaction score
    We can already build escape pods as docked ships, then you can actually fly your escape pod. The laser designator would be awesome, and could add an orbital bombardment component to planet based PVP. Jetpacks too. I think it is important to be able to see hands/weapon though, and more weapons would be nice.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I personally think that turret control from the ship would be more usefull than laser designators, but hey - that would be still very usefull!

Reaction score
    1) Magnet Boots: Sounds helpful, but not really critical. I'd be just fine without them.
    2) Jet Pack: Yes. There is no reason not to have this in game. Even if it was limited by a cool-down or whatever, it would be incredibly helpful.
    3) Beamer: So, like in Star Trek? I dunno, I never really loved instant teleportation - too convenient to the plot. But that's just me. It could still be a decent addition.
    4) PLEX Pack: I would love this. Not only would you get more storage space (necessary what with alll the blocks in the new effects update), but it would allow you to organize your inventory much easier.
    I don't want there to be a limit on inventory space. I don't want to have to keep making trips back to my room full of 1000 chests full of building materials every few minutes. Building big ships is hard enough as it is, it doesn't need to become more tedious. So yes on this, no on inventory limits.
    5) Laser designator: Yes please. Combined with decent AI this could allow you to sit on the bridge and direct the battle - without having to be in the core. You could also use it to command a fleet of ships. It would also be cool if allied players could see your marks, allowing for more strategy in battle.
    6) PLEX Saw: Meh. This seems like it would be better as a ship-based weapon. Allowing a player to cut entities in half seems OP. But other than that, a laser saw (and working break-off effect, schema. For crying out loud STOP TEASING ME) would be awesome.
    7) Escape Pods: I like escape pods, but I would rather there be a decent way to build one in-game, and it looks like the logic system is down that path already. Plus, 1X1X1 seems tiny (although escape pods should be small).

My own wish list (not complete):

8) Multiple weapon types: Assault rifle? RPG-launcher? Sniper rifle? Shotgun? Yes, yes, yes, yes. Customizable, buildable weapons? ALLELUIA.
    9) Grappling hook: A ship-based version would be cool too, but a handheld Spiderman device could allow for some sick stunts. It might not have any practical application, but still...
    10) Tracking device: Maybe you place it, maybe you shoot it. IDK. But it gives you a beacon towards the device for at least ten sectors. Or something. I leave those details for the balance whiners.
    11) Scanner: Aim it at a ship, player, or other entity, and it gives you a readout on their basic stats. If you get closer you get more details.
    12) Land mine: It... wait a minute. You can do this with logic.
    ...BRB, testing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    9) Grappling hook: A ship-based version would be cool too, but a handheld Spiderman device could allow for some sick stunts. It might not have any practical application, but still...
    Not any practical applications? Getting around your space station quickly would be one. Getting back to your ship if you accidentally fell out is another.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What if NPCs had conscious thoughts? This would help since Juffery murdered Q the other day and I want something to keep me from going insane.

In all seriousness however, I do like the idea of jetpacks.
    Escape pods could just be a ship docked to another ship, only with an escape pod docking module, that will send the pilot of the core or anyone in a computer into that pod and it will undock. (just a thought, to increase the feasibility of that addition)
    Plexsaw sounds like something that could break the game very easily, because you're essentially breaking down the entire engine.
    I like the idea of a plexpack, I really need more space so I don't have to take an hour if I wanted to move my junk from one station to another.
    I'm not sure about gravity boots, we already have grav units so it's not really a priority (technically none of this is XD)
    No comment on the rest.

Reaction score
    ltmauve I thought those would be covered by the jetpack, thus making grappling hooks redundant. But I see what you mean about grabbing a fast moving ship. That would be handy.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I personally think that turret control from the ship would be more usefull than laser designators, but hey - that would be still very usefull!
    Yes, I was thinking that laser designators would control turrets even if you arent inside the ship, just as long as you own it.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    To make the beamer not so OP I think it should have a shot limit and then you would need to buy more ammo. Also the Escape Pods idea was that they would be only 1x1x1 so that you can't get hit easily, you would not be able to reuse it because if you could it would be WAY to OP so infiltrating other people's bases.

My opinion on Strange's ideas:

Multiple weapon types: Yes this is really needed, fighting with the same weapon all the time gets boring. Also it would add a better effect to battles as one person could be the team sniper, the other the bomber, and so on.

Grappling hook: That would be very cool to see in the game. Actually, it is much better than the Beamer idea in most ways because: 1. The Beamer teleports instantly, people can't shoot each other if someone is teleporting like crazy to avoid getting hit. 2. Grappling hooks could change direction when in the air, Beamers can't it's just go here/go there, unlike the grapple.

Tracking device: Yes yes yes! This could be a way to have multiple long-range targets selected instead of only the waypoint and the f/g key.

Scanner: Might be helpful as you could get shield stats, but it could be a waste of time to scan someone's ship if they are fighting you. This idea would be VERY GOOD on an AI ship that could message you the stats after reading as to let you focus on fighting.

Land mine: You can activate Disintegrators with logic?!

Some more ideas from me:

1. Smoke bomb: This would make your target indicator disappear to others when you are in it. But all other indicators disappear to the person inside.

2. Grenades: Buy e'm by the ton! Throw them into holes, down caves, or launch them from a grenade cannon on your ship!

3. Ways to dodge shots: This game is not complete until you can roll, leap, lunge, and slide. This would be helpful when under fire on planets as you could lay down on the ground and snipe from behind bushes, or you could slide down the front of your ship to avoid fire, or roll to deflect shots! (like in Mojang's 3rd party game, Cobalt)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really like the beamer/transporter idea for short distance teleportation. To make it balanced and leave a purpose for shuttles, I think it should require two devices, one on each end, and have energy cost proportional to its distance. You'd still need a shuttle to land on a new planet and build a transporter station. I could write a whole thread about this. I don't think it would be too terribly hard to implement.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I really like the beamer/transporter idea for short distance teleportation. To make it balanced and leave a purpose for shuttles, I think it should require two devices, one on each end, and have energy cost proportional to its distance. You'd still need a shuttle to land on a new planet and build a transporter station. I could write a whole thread about this. I don't think it would be too terribly hard to implement.
    The beamer would be a gun so you would teleport to the module you shoot it at. I don't understand how there could/should have two modules to use it.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I wonder if any of these ideas will be implemented into the game. It would be so cool to see new weapons and some better ways to get around on planets.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would love to see the PLEX Saw. I presume that it would only work if things were connected by a single block, and not just slice any entity in half?