New fighting mechanic. Fire.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Incendiary missiles;

Add a new fighting element into Starmade. Fire.

Fires that can be lit by weak missiles, fires have a limited spread that is fairly large, and damages up to 3/4 of a block. The primary use it to cut off access to a ship and weaken hulls for smaller ships and turrets.

With the introduction of air and life support, fires should only exist where there is oxygen.

Reaction score
    Devs would have to implement Oxygen... Air and air locks and stuff or else this will only work on planets. This game is very advanced and they aren\'t going to make fire in space... But yes good idea but would require more work than you think. I\'d like to see this subject advance and see other ideas and opinions before we get our hopes up. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As I see it, Schema could implement a flag that is put on blocks when hit my an incendiary missile. Adjacent blocks would get a countdown timer, or damage count on them that when they hit 0, also ignite. Faster countdown to blocks with more than one fire around them.

I did mention that when oxygen and atmospheres are implemented, that fires should only exist within a suitable environment.

Reaction score
    Yes, if the tutorial says that it is a planned feature that you can\'t survive in space for too long, it implies that there will be a way to determine what area is conductive to life and thus fire. also opening an external plex door would kill that areas ability to hold fire, but you\'d have to shut it before it hurts you as well.

This seems doable and not as difficult as certain strong responses made it out to be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Explosives work as well, and they need oxygen as well. So what are you complaining about?

Reaction score
    This would be cool if a \"heat\" mechanic would be added, that would prevent you from firing your weapons if it gets too high.