new fighter sparrow

Reaction score
    Hi guys

I was away for a long time and much of the game changed. So I thought I start with a small ship and start from the very beginning to relearn the game.

Also since last time I got really confused with my own builds so this time I will keep up a document which will organice my ships and hold all necessary data.

I would like to hear comments on the fighter and what I could do better.

And on a second note, is there a place where I can see the amount of regular and hardened hull used? On a fighter it is not so importand but I would like to know the exact amount. Here I just added up the blocks for which I had numbers an subtracted them from the mass of the ship.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    dude theirs a community page where you can add that fighter two and if we can see a picture of it (f5 with hud and f6 without) along with some details about the ship we arent gonna check it out most likely

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There's a Community Content page so redownload your content to that page because the way you uploaded your file is gonna make it difficult if not inprobable to actually get your ship but Ill see if I can check out your pictures...

It's a good looking ship and all but it would be better if your data was on this page instead of a link and also it would be impossible to upload if anyone wanted your ship because of how you set it up...but overall nice design page and all

Reaction score
    not to burst your bubble but with the new weapons and weapons systems and effects shields arent worth using in excess youd be better served using power reactors and tanks and filling in with shields that mainly using shields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    well balancing is a bit tricky but stat wise its ok first his first attempt in a while but copy and paste power generators would be good

Reaction score
    really? I was not aware shields are crap now .... well the ship is not filled kompletely. I just have developed the habit to build the form of my ships with shields.

But it is just as Redfredrick said I have not jet a feel for the stats of ships now. For example I have installed weapons and they do not use all my power. So from what you said about filling ships with power generators I think the weapons are probably to weak.

So how many shields and shield recharge should a ship of 100m lenght like this have in your opinions? How much power recharge and how much power capacity?

Reaction score
    I guess you have the same problem as me, after a while not playing starmade i decided id make a personal 100m destroyer, it has nice fire power but those 120k shield are useless against larger ships :\ and the two main canons doing 544 damage each are also weaker than a couple canons doing 200 damage.

But you know, learning is part of the game so if you make a mistake on your ship, learn from it and make the rest of your ships better

Reaction score
    well said @IsApro2000
    for power and shields one of my about 5000 mass ships has close to 21 mil power and 650k rgen, about 1mil shields and 5k regen. thats cause the weapons system needs that much power but on your ship you dont need that big of stats for what your doing but a ship that size should be able to get at least a mil shields just so that you have enough time to do abit ofdamage to the oposing ship
    for weapons i have a beam cannon slave overdirve array, how its set up grouping wise is a faction secret but if you do that make a bunch of small groups like this and make the effect bonuses at 100% and youll have a pretty good weapons system