New factory: Scrapper

Reaction score
    Idea from planet explorers. Simple really, put an item you want to recycle or scrap into the box, and hey presto it turns into it's base materials. For example light scraps into 1 light rod, glass and crystal. The light rod scraps into its crystal...you get the idea.

For balance maybe some bits are 'lost' in the recycle process. Or not? Lemmie know what ya think.

Reactions: Mariux

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah; this would help make pirate station loot and other things a lot more useful to have, and would just be awesome in general. +1.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's already well-balanced by only returning one of each component, where the manufacturing process would require multiple (is it still usually 10?) of each component to make. So theoretically, you are losing about 90% of the source components during deconstruction. I like it.

Reaction score
    BTW I should mention that I found a 'PlexRecycler' in the Block Editor, but that's from the Cubatom days (old school) but it would be useful if implemented.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It seems pretty cut and dried to me, give us the recycler back and let us use it to break things down. Simple really.

Reaction score
    I like the idea as well. I find the resource gathering to be a bit boring right now. It would give a lot more motivation to explore and attack pirates.