New docking module

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there sould be an easyer way to dock larger ships, like a moudule you place on the ouside of your ship so your ships core dosent have to line up with the docking module.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been thinking something similar, although it should be something like a docking collar to be used with the really massive capitals and bigger. To make it feasible, perhaps there could be a two parts to it, one for the station/structure you wish to dock with, and the other half for the shaip itself.

I imagine it would make it easier to dock those pregnant whales. lol

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think there should be a station only docking module that has no limit to the height of the box but expansion modules will expand the length/widths. This docking module will latch the front most section of the ship to it instead of the bottom allowing larger ships that cannot land to dock.

Reaction score
    How about two blocks that just dock together like in real life? It would be a lot easier and have more chain docking and weird position docking potential. It would be nice for docked ships not to take up an 8*8*8 space

Reaction score
    +1, i would like \"external docking blocks\" to dock at statiosn or other large ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Function would come in usefull. although some limatations would have to be placed to stop people getting a shop core attaching 4 docing moduals to it and the attaching 4 mega ships to it with AI and flying them at an aponent.

Reaction score
    They work great for designing functioning docking collar/ports, it even requires manual docking/maneuvering skills

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'d certainly like to see the capability for docking collars so docking can be simpler for larger ships, i mean, having it easier to aim the docking laser is great, but \'pregnant whales\' aren\'t supposed to dock that way.

ex. http://thethoughtstash.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/space-shuttle-atlantis-docked-with-the-segmented-mir.jpg

ships don\'t hump the side of what they\'re docking to unless they\'re little fighters compared to it ;) it\'s too impractical.

Reaction score
    It is possible to make long spikes to hit some holes on station. This assumes that physics don\'t start glitching some point. Problem is that such spikes can feasibly only be placed in front at the moment, because we can\'t rotate cockpit camera. And yes, the spikes could be made of plexdoors, to reduce them when needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    That is what we need. Freaking tow hooks. They might function like a hybrid of docking modules and pulsators, but pushing and pulling a ship behind you to keep it in place.

Reaction score
    Or, better yet, just have ships actually dock inside the bounds like they are supposed to.

And for the love of all that is docking, allow us to rotate which way ships face when docked.