New Cubatom System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema added a system. It´s name is Cubatom. Normaly you can open it with Num Pad 5.

I´ve tried it, it is really cool but hard to understand!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    game introduces a new VERY complicated looking feature....and patchnotes contain no usefull information on how it works.....just wow....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I already started to figure it out. But it\'s kinda buggy and not user friendly.

You can make SD BB Missile arrays from just rock now ^^. Very good, although you need an expensive recipe.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    so this splits items and then allows for recycling your excess into otehr blocks>? hmm. I will have to see this :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m trying to figure it out but it\'s very buggy. Need to relog if you want to split something after already having split a different thing, and sometimes splitting doesn\'t work at all?

Also sometimes the tooltips don\'t seem to match up with the icons?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    More findings: it actually makes the economy even worse than it was before. You can use basic terrain blocks to make L5 ores and stuff. pretty broken. On the server I play I\'ve been figuring out overcoming ship module bottlenecks by using the cubatom to create things like power tanks and hardened wedges dirt cheap en-masse.

It\'s a nice system but it needs a volume mixer to limit economic damage. It should take more than a full 255 stack of the reagents to make a single larger ore or mineral.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont see why this is was even added - it makes factories even more useless than they are now if I can just transmutate anything on the spot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got the mechanics figured out. I was considering writing a guide but since this whole system basically turns every server into creative mode I\'ll hold off on it. Hopefully schema has some plan in place for it that will restrict it and/or not make factories and mining and shops completely redundant.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like it when developers go their own way, but the economey in this game is too complicated.

I want corneroids crafting. Make titanium blocks from titanium ore, hydrogen and oxygen for fuel and atmosphere from ice blocks and glass from quartz sand. Plus some rare ores for cool weapons and stuff.

Its just too complicated the way it is. If you need a 20 page binder with printed instructions while you play, it is no fun to play.

I love the way i can build ships in the game, but the economy makes EVE look casual.

And the recipe system is no fun either. Minecraft has its kindergarten easy crafting sytem for a reason...

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think it\'s a good idea, recipes are easy to understand but not really profiatble whereas the cubatomes system is really lucrative but harder to understand. It\'s a good compromise

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a far difference between \'really lucrative\' and being able to turn 255 1c blocks in 255 16mil blocks in a couple of minutes.

edit:

And the current factory system is profitable if you take the time to set it up properly. As long as you play on a BP disabled server where some build blocks are actually worth something.

Reaction score
    And not even a toggle included to disable it lol.

This is gonna pain, and more pain.

Reaction score
    It\'s no small feat to come up with a production scheme even more broken than the previous one :p

Reaction score
    maybe it isn\'t broken. maybe it is unfinished. after all, even minecraft was full of halfbaked ideas in alpha.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would it be more accurate to say Minecraft is full of halfbaked ideas in the full release? (not to knock MC, one of my favourite games ;)

Reaction score
    Mincraft was the first game in a new genre, so they focus mostly on adding basic systems that the modders can go wild with. As a result, a lot of the features are very simplistic, or even \"unifinished\" in some cases.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As someone with a fully functioning factory that based his entire income on selling parts to people, is it an appropriate response for me to sob uncontrollably because of cubatoms?

I\'m leaning towards yes....

Reaction score
    Yea the cubatoms are way too esoteric, it doesn\'t help that you aren\'t given the full recipe to craft a block either.

Reaction score
    what if cubatom system eventually becomes the personal item crafting system? I could go along with that, once it is more intuitive and actually makes sense.