New Controls

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can we get custom controls or something.

I have problems with the controls of starmade

like q and e is a bit strange to go up and down

and place block is leftMB

and destroy block is rightMB

why cant it be more like minecraft controls

-TortillaChips

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Place and destroy can be changed in options. And pretty much all the keys can be rebound to other keys as you like them in the options too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Keys should be rebound since I do find somethings annoying when I destroy my computer when I meant to place an powertank next to it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Most of the keys can be changed, but at the moment it doesn\'t seem fully working. Swapping Left and Right mouse buttons only seems to work while in build mode; on-foot controls remain unchanged. Ctrl also is finicky and doesn\'t seem to give up its roll setting even when rebound. These would probably be better placed in the bugs forum, though.

I will say that being able to have roll on the mouse by default would be nice, or at least a way to toggle the swap. Space flight works well as is, but when dealing with gravity on planets, lack of easy-access roll makes landing difficult. I can imagine it really bugging me if/when impact damage is ever implemented.

Being able to use Mouse4 and Mouse5 would be nice as well, and adding bind options for building movement too (I prefer using shift for down strafing, which conflicts with speed). But I\'d imagine these are probably planned.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you dont like the base controlls just rebind them. i personally like the controls.
    they dont need to be changed, you dont like them thats fine bind it to something you prefer.

and the place and destry options is fine.

this ISN\'T minecraft so it shouldnt be made to feel like it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Um you can\'t rebind some specific keys which we want to change as said in the comment above yours and since when did we mention that we wanted it to be the minecraft binds? (with the first ost being excluded)

Reaction score
    The only control I felt that I wanted to change was the \"leave ship\" one. Just because I would accidentally hit the r key mid-flight at times, only to watch my ship speed on past me.