New content ideas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think one of the bigger things that need to be added are player level items, like armor and food, this would make interior space necessary and require new blocks like ovens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Food should be able to heal the player after taking damage from lava or pirates etc... And should be made from plants and things from planets. Things like ovens should be used to make the food. Maybe add a hunger bar similar to minecraft to make food more important to include on a ship.

Many people also say that more decorative items should be included and I agree. I think that beds should be implemented, maybe in place of the undeathinator.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ships shouldn\'t have unlimited energy, they should have to stop at a space station to refuel. This would vie another purpose to player-made stations and make it so that players have to build stations at regular intervals within their territories.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ships shouldn\'t have unlimited energy, they should have to stop at a space station to refuel. This would vie another purpose to player-made stations and make it so that players have to build stations at regular intervals within their territories.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Since starmade isn\'t a player based game (more about ships) food probally never will added. Med kits on the other hand probally will be released with hand held weapons. And I disagree with the idea of refueling since power generators create energy through some nuclear cycle I believe, it\'s more sci-fi than gas in a tank.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Where does the antimatter come from? Maybe the core has some collector for anti-matter, produced by small singularities in the universe. But because anti-matter decays - when they hit matter - there is not enough to continuously supply larger ships.

Producing anti-matter (fuel) may require the solar energy close to stars. Or stations with solar panels which don\'t use their thrusters all the time. Or can be found in some bigger anomaly.

this would make interior space necessary and require new blocks like ovens

If you just have a ship with 1 deck (3 blocks) which is 5 bocks wide and 7 blocks long, you need 3*5*2 + 3*7*2 + 5*7*2 elements - 30+42+70=142.

If you want it symetric and more than 10 blocks deko (like a separated cockpid room), it would add more than 15% to the mass!

This is not good for a ship with jammer. Any tower you engage will blast you to pieces.

Before we do this, we would need to have jammers/cloak count active (energy,shield,etc) parts differently from inactive (hull) or decorative (lamps/screens) parts.

Decorative elements (like lamps, screens, etc) in real life will never have the same weight as hardened armor of half your body\'s height.