New computer controled plexlights

Reaction score
    Hi there

Not sure if this has already been mentioned before, but i think it would be fantastic if lights were controled by a computer.

Scenario: your flagship has just entered a sector and you notice another factions vessel. Your not sure if they are hostile so you set the ship to 'yellow' alert, changing the colour of all the lights in the corridors to yellow.

I think lights should be linked to a computer, much like the weapons are, to allow them to be switched on and off, change their colour and even set up patterns where lights flash in a certain order, at delayed intervals.

This would be really awesome for RP and making stations and large ships look exceptionally cool.

Is this in anyway able to be put in the game and what do other people think about?

Reaction score
    I just want to have flashing TROLOLOL lights on each side of my destroyer. 110% support.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I definitely support this. I want blinking docking indicators, red/yellow alert, etc. =)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this sounds amazing, i cant express how much i want to be able to put my ship on red alert

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I had this same idea - to control lights with a computer. I was gonna post it, but searched first.

- This said it all; minus an emphasis on an interval offset. - So you can make continuous fluid patterns. - (You\'ll want the lights to blink every 2{or w/e} seconds, but some lights offset by .2 seconds n\' the like.)

It would also be really awesome if the lights could fade between off/on.- I didn\'t really think about turning them all off/on with the computer (But this sounds easy to achieve - with the same UI as the Bobby AI), but just setting like, 3 \'Light Control Computers\' on a different offset to create moving patterns.

I know these things don\'t neccessarly need to be bumped. - But, I really wanted to sign my +1 on this idea.

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    hmm good idea i could have my drop ship have green for OK yellow for CAUTION and red for UNDER ATTACK and have the lights fade from the red color to off and on to signal a hull breach/ship destroyed