New cockpit mechanics

Reaction score
    I am sure that this is planed in some varriation or another but this is just a simple and usefull idea that I had for cockpits.

Being able to eather hotkey cockpits or having it so that the cockpit that you swap to next will be in order of how they where placed.

Example: you place down cockpit A, then B and finally C, as is you swap to the next cockpit in the line in order they where set down UNTIL you log off then the order is changed to random so you end up swaping to cockpit A, then C, and finally B. If the client could be able to remeber what order your cockpits it it would make navigaiteing larger ships cockpits much easyer and less clumsy.

(Leave comments if you have feed back or need me to clarify somthing, the way I explained it may be hard to follow.)

Reaction score
    I too would like either have the game remember which order I place cockpits in or allow me to assign in which order I move between them.

Other cockpit changes I have had ideas for include:

• Change their name (to \"Camera\" or \"Viewpoint\" or something).
    • Increased support for cockpits facing directions other than forward (ATM, the ship can turn around if you switch to a rear view/side facing cockpit).
    • Allow cockpits to be linked to weapon/missile computers, giving the user a specific point from which to fire specific weapons or just view from (especially useful to give \"passengers\" whom are riding in a computer a better view :D).
    • A decorative version that looks like the back of the cockpit (with a screen and those 2 control column sticks) that we can use on our bridges/cockpits (an actual cockpit... of a ship... not the block, lol).
    • Maybe in the future, allow the player to connect a cockpit to a monitor block or connecting-texture screen block grouping that would then display in real time what is being seen by that cockpit (although I confess that\'s just a pipe dream).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want to be able to set fallback-cameras/cockpids (just use the slave-to command) for the case one get destroyed

I also want a tree like:

Up = dock of turret/ship, core of the camera view.

Left, Right = switch between core, docks, 6 camera-directions

Down = go into selection mode, go into selected.

Left, Right while in selection mode = select a master-camera or dock.

That is just a draft, maybe not the best choice - which may require more keys.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe in the future, allow the player to connect a cockpit to a monitor block or connecting-texture screen block grouping that would then display in real time what is being seen by that cockpit (although I confess that\'s just a pipe dream).

It\'s not impossible, I don\'t think, and it\'s something I\'d really like to see, assuming it doesn\'t cause performance issues. It would also be neat if there was a control panel under it that allows you to cycle between cameras (what \"cockpits\" should really be called) in the viewscreen.