New Chamber Ideas

Reaction score
    Now that the stream has dropped let's imediately spam the devs with suggestions of chamber ideas.

I'll start with this:
    Inertal Web
    Increases /Beam weapon range, projectile speed and damage by 50%.
    Reduces max speed and Acceleraton by 90%.
    Must reboot to change state.
    Deactivates positive thruster changes(Stuff that doubles max speed/Accel, ect.)

Reaction score
    At first I wanted to start a new threat, but after finding this one it seems better to keep this stuff in a single one. So... here's my idea.

I'm not sure how to call it, but I suggest some kind 'beacon' or 'fake reactor' chamber.
    This Chamber would basically be emitting an energy signature that makes it look like an actual reactor for the sensors of other ships.
    Depending on how many tech points (Is this even still the offical name?) get assigned to the chamber it can appear slightly or much bigger than it's actually is.
    It also should be quite a bit cheaper than most other chambers or actual reactor blocks.
    Edit: Now that think about it, maybe this chamber doesn't need to be cheaper. In most cases it would probably have less blocks than the reactor itself anyways.

I am not sure how much it should be included in the relationship between sensors and stealth, but it probably should be more difficult to see through the illusion than it is to find an actual reactor.

This chamber would be all about trickery and could have possible aplications like:
    - droping a bunch of fake reactors to make it more difficult to find the real one.
    - Coating the real reactor in these chamber blocks to make it seem much bigger than it actually is, wich in turn makes a ship look like a much bigger threat than it actually is.
    - If it's going to be possible for sensors to see energy signatures severel sectors away, one could build cheap decoy ships to lure enemies to specific positions.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Both of the above are pretty good ideas i think.

In my own ideas, i was thinking about collision damage. I know it hasnt been worked on in a long time and probably still wont be for a while, but i figure whenever it does get some love, then having a chamber property that reduces or nullifies it to defend your vessel or turns your vessel into a more effective battering ram would be neat.

Other than that, a system that converts part of your armor hitpoint pool into a smaller part of your shield hp pool and vise-versa. Eg. Removing 10% of your armor pool and increasing your shield pool by 70% of that quantity of armor hitpoints. Not instantly, that'd be unbalanced, but increasing the cap so your shield generators can recharge that. If youre going to add to the armor pool you would want to add those points over a period of time, say 60 seconds, as armor points can only normally be replenished at a shop or shipyard in exchange for money. Probably not super useful anyway but whatever.

Now i saw someone mention in the newsfeed update thread an idea to overcharge the power output of the reactor itself in exchange for making the entire system volatile like the current auxilliary reactors. That would be neat.

Perhaps a chamber that increases the quantity of goods your cargo bays can hold. Wont reduce the mass of the material added so more junk would slow you down more, just the carrying capacity/volume. I guess if that chamber is deactivated/destroyed it ejects excess contents into space.

Reaction score
    Nickizzy
    Sounds lot like some sort of "sniper" chamber. Though I don't quite grasp the switching.
    Perhaps have a "mode" chamber for things like that? With more than just a "sniper" mode.
    I'm not sure how to call it, but I suggest some kind 'beacon' or 'fake reactor' chamber.
    Decoy chamber?
    Is this even still the offical name?
    It's "reactor capacity" now IIRC.
    RAMMING SPEED chamber
    In light of the repulsor block they've shown us maybe it's some sort of passive repulsor effect that kicks away other ships?
    a system that converts part of your armor hitpoint pool into a smaller part of your shield hp pool and vise-versa
    But shield is basically energy, while armor and SHP, which is going to be replaced with reactor HP btw, are "matter".
    And while conversion of one into the other is neat concept, it doesn't really fit in.
    Now, wouldn't some sort of self-repair chamber that repairs the armor of blocks that didn't get vaporized be better?

On top of what's been said already I'd like to add another effect "family" - overdrive chamber.
    (Very) Limited-time boost of a specific system: shield regen, thrust (not turn rate), power gen and etc.
    Either "charge when not in use—discharge in use" or "fixed duration—cooldown" based.

I'm looking forward to used-to-be piercing defensive effect, armor boost.
    Together with armor self-repair it could very well change the way we protect our ships.
    In theory, it could even challenge the current undisputed reign of shields as the go-to for passive ship defense.

Reactions: Tamren Shade
    Reaction score
    How about a telemetry or transponder chamber.
    It would allow you to share information with any other ship on the same encrypted channel.
    Sharing your position, heading, and speed would allow you to keep track of everyone.
    Sharing your shield and HP status would make it easy to see if someone needs assistance and could even send a distress beacon.
    It could also share scanner information so your allies can see any ship you can see. That would make having a dedicated scanner ship even more useful.

Reaction score
    One thing that the chambers seem to be missing is offensive effects. We have utilities, max speed and JD and bouncers, defensive stuff through all the defensive effects that are now chambers, but we don't have any offense things like +damage or +reload, or maybe(code permitting) + charges. Then it wouldn't be a choice between QOL and tankyness, but a trade off of damage and health.

Reaction score
    There's already an "Offensive chamber".
    It improves energy efficiency of specific weapons, increases warhead damage and shortens the lock-on time.
    IIRC Schine made chambers to alter the behavior, not stats directly. So I wouldn't count on anything like that appearing.
    There's also balance concerns that would turn this thing into a complete clusterfuck.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How about a telemetry or transponder chamber.
    It would allow you to share information with any other ship on the same encrypted channel.
    Sharing your position, heading, and speed would allow you to keep track of everyone.
    Sharing your shield and HP status would make it easy to see if someone needs assistance and could even send a distress beacon.
    It could also share scanner information so your allies can see any ship you can see. That would make having a dedicated scanner ship even more useful.
    Now this is an excellent idea for information warfare and fleet ops.