New Bobby AI setting: Asteroid

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So... Now that the latest update has made it so AI aims at individual blocks and not the centre of mass.... What's stopping Schine from adding an 'Asteroid' targeting option to Bobby AI modules?

It would have been silly before, as the salvage beams wouldn't have been able to hit the remaining chunks of asteroid as it shrunk... But now... Now we could make some seriously cool EVE-style mining barges if this option was enabled.

Also making Asteroids a valid option for 'Selected' would be cool too (though it should only fire Salvage beams at Asteroids, not normal weapon systems).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can use 'selected target' to aim at asteroids.
    Though, you need to use some logic magic to fire the salvage beams.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ooohhh.... I did not know that! Okay, I have work to do!

I made this thread because I had just hooked up my ship's salvage array to an inner ship remote for the first time (so I can toggle them instead of holding the button down) and thought "gee, would be nice if I didn't have to aim either".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That would look so cool I think, flying past an asteroid as all your turrets fire salvage lasers at it :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You CAN do this with logic and "aim at selected," but this would still be a very nice feature to have.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, the advantage of having this suggestion implemented over what you can do currently is that you'd be able to have drone swarms mine for you, not just turrets on your own ship

(Although this would be hard to implement currently, as a drone swarm would go out and mine, but it'd be hard to recover them and keep them from jumping asteroid to asteroid and end up fifteen sectors away, not to mention unloading them)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I also don't yet know if the Bobby AI has been set to aim at individual asteroid blocks... Yes they aim at SYSTEM blocks now... But what do they aim at if there are no system blocks on the entity?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I also don't yet know if the Bobby AI has been set to aim at individual asteroid blocks... Yes they aim at SYSTEM blocks now... But what do they aim at if there are no system blocks on the entity?
    Then the ship's overheating :P