NEW Block Decor concepts!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Below are some concept/suggetive builds i wish to see in-game!

You'll see the standard 1x1 block, and to its right is the Angled White Light!, Next to it you'll see the Stool/Chair, Next to that you'll see a Stair Block! And next to it, you'll see a .5x2 Bed!
    Infront of the 1x1 Block, you'll see the Angled Camera! Next to it is a Standard chair(Colors may vary) Next to the Chair, you'll see a Command Chair!(one per ship) It acts as a secondary core, of which your Astronaut can sit on and still maintain control of the ship without entering the core itself! (Be weary, you may face mutiny and get shot out of the chair). Next to the Command Chair is a Table! Those are just a few concept blocks i have posted here as a proposal for us whom like to decorate/roleplay.

~1x1 Block, we already have that!
    ~Angled light, Would make some decorations cooler!
    ~Stool/Step, Tertiary Cargo chair?
    ~Stairs, Looks cool!
    ~Bed, Is it bed time?
    ~Angled Camera, So we can see those blind spots?
    ~Chair, Come... Sit with us!
    ~Command chair, I am the Captain now!
    ~Table, don't spill the milk.

*Not shown, but constantly asked for.*
    ~Colored Plex/Blast Doors.
    ~Cookies?
    ~Camera Selection Hud(Instead of pressing right/left arrow... You can name a camera, and open up a window to select which camera you want to switch to, or set a hotkey to switch to a specific camera)
    ~Docked Entity Master Control.(Allows you to pick which specific Entities will un-dock and serve as drones, leaving unselected entities docked)

Let me know what y'all think!?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All of this is good, I love it. Except maybe the chairs... They seem a bit off. Idk, probably just me.

I'd love to see more from you along these lines.

Reaction score
    Well, I love THE IDEA of lots of shapes of blocks -- Wedges, Corners, Heptas, Tetras at 30°, 22-½°, 15°, and 7-½° foremost among them, but I thought the limiting of variety was conducive to a better operating game. Thus, variety creates lag and galactic warming...

Reaction score
    I like those. Dev team: put that in. Well, I don´t know for which reason you want a camera in a corner of a room now but if you could pair a camera with a computer module which shows the angle of the cam, that would be nice...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We probably won't need a command chair as non-core flight controls will most likely be provided by a computer (which you can use with or without a chair just like a core). The rest of these look pretty good. Stuff like this will probably be added, although there's no telling when.

Except maybe the chairs... They seem a bit off. Idk, probably just me.
    The arm of the chair is oddly continued up the back of the chair. The backs are also too thin, leaving a seat twice as long as Dave's shanks. They'd be shaped differently in the game, but you get the idea.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Excellent. I have some suggestions to reduce on block count slightly.

1. Camera Angle. I see no reason why a camera can't go on an angle block. Output screens on both square sides? 1 block ID
    2. Light Angle. I like it. Lights need to be along the side as well. All colors = 8 Block IDs
    3. Large Step. I think this should be available in all colors and will serve as any kind of chair. All other chairs are rolled into this block. 8 Block IDs
    4. Stairs. Yes, I think this should be available in all colors. 8 Block IDs
    5. Bed. Yes and No. I think we should have half-height blocks in all colors. Two adjacent half-blocks would make a bed. (Special rules could be coded in to accommodate adjacent half-blocks. Maybe a master-slave relationship?) 8 Block IDs
    6. Table. I like it, but think there should be a single leg in the middle with a wide base instead of four legs on the edges. 8 Block IDs

I personally don't see a need for a command chair. People will want multiple pilot chairs on their ships for things like copilots, battle bridges, etc. A large step block would automatically serve as a large stair or passenger chair as soon as it is placed. Slave it to a computer or core for "command chair" functionality.

Edit:
    Half-blocks could be placed on top of large-step-blocks to create big chairs. When sitting down on a slaved chair, the astronaut remains visible on the chair while the player enters flight mode. Custom player chairs could be added in mods. (The devs want to limit the official block count to maxblockID - 256 = 768, leaving 256 block IDs available for player-custom blocks.)