New Armor and Effect Idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    If I remember correctly some of what I am going to suggest has been suggest along time ago. Wile other parts of it are new as far as I know.

First off I would like to see an organic hull, or armor block set. It would be cool if this block could regenerate health over time, but that would have to be properly balanced with existing armor.
    And perhaps we could get an effect block that could be called something like nanieght repair, that repairs damaged bloks, but uses large amounts of power.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I believe you mean 'Nanite' repair. It could work, but it would need to be balanced by repair time, power costs and resource costs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Organic hull would be amazing!
    I could see it being balanced by no longer being able to regen when a ships armour value drops bellow (x%).

One idea I think could work quite well is adding in a new auxiliary system designed to work with the organic hull, with the stored 'energy' (when activated) being pumped into the destroyed organic blocks (healing them) until it's empty. Keeping it on would allow the ship to regen hull at a very slow pace.
    Potentially jumping could reset the organic charge as well:? (and activating it would have an energy cost:?)

Reaction score
    Is this just block repair, as in a block with 100 hp loses 50 and then slowly regenerates back to full, or is it actual block replacement, as in a missile explodinated part of your ship, and the hull over the area slowly seals over?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is this just block repair, as in a block with 100 hp loses 50 and then slowly regenerates back to full, or is it actual block replacement, as in a missile explodinated part of your ship, and the hull over the area slowly seals over?
    I would think more block replacement as most decent weapons can one-shot blocks, making block regeneration kinda useless

Reaction score
    well
    I was thinking of this

and linking armor to the storage that is filled with replacement blocks
    (linking as in the same way you link weapons to a computer with the shift)

so as long as the storage has spare blocks in it, it will overtime heal
    and drain the storage

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    maybe make the organic hull have much higher stats than normal hull, and the repair rate be controlled by the shield rechargers, or something similar, but be unable to have shields as the balance

Reaction score
    I kinda think organic hull should be somewhat weaker than regular armor, and instead of giving APH or drawing from the APH pool, they only have a large amount of SPH. So beams can slice-and-dice a full organic ship. It always draws a certain amount for each block, and when a block is destroyed it needs a certain amount of power to regenerate. I assume it would work on a door-type system, where they get destroyed and become akin to cargo blocks or invis rails. They need a touching half health organic armor(OA) block to heal.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I do like the idea of an organic version of armor that heals missing blocks, but remember that this is pretty ambitious. The game does not currently embed the BP plans inside the ship for reference and this reference will be needed when replacing missing blocks. Otherwise somebody will need to do a lot of fast typing to teach a hole in the hull to close over and heal itself.

Reaction score
    I do like the idea of an organic version of armor that heals missing blocks, but remember that this is pretty ambitious. The game does not currently embed the BP plans inside the ship for reference and this reference will be needed when replacing missing blocks. Otherwise somebody will need to do a lot of fast typing to teach a hole in the hull to close over and heal itself.
    I assume it would work on a door-type system, where they get destroyed and become akin to cargo blocks or invis rails.