New and Have a server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone! I just started playing this game a week or so ago... First, I have to say that this game is amazing in so many ways.

My friends and I have a dedicated server that we would like to open to the public - however we are unaware of anything that makes a "good" server besides good specs.

What do you guys like to see in a server? What would attract people to join/stay on our server?

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ATM there aren\'t many servers that have good faction wars and some trading would be nice. At this point in the game I\'m not sure how you would push for those, but it would be cool to see in comunities

Reaction score
    On the note of faction wars, it comes down to players and upload speeds. Granted the machine should have the power to handle the calculations of a decent population as a given, (CPU intensive at times), but the main part will be building the player base.

Hosting combat events will probably help this out, however keep in mind that if you want the population to grow its going to take a lot of work on your part. That means volunteers to help monitor the servers status, scripting a restart script to combat crashes (and this game gets some very unexpected crashes atm), events to keep peoples interest, and active moderation to keep greifers at bay (I prefer the open season method, give notice that X player is target #1 for a period of time before their ban, breeds community moderation ^_^).

Other then this advice its a matter of patience and effort! Also be social!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the awesome advice!

I used to run a fairly large minecraft server in which I spent almost ALL my time moderating/growing. It does take a lot of time for sure. I\'m just curious - in Minecraft there are \'plugins\' to help moderate and create fun events. I see no such thing for Starmade quite yet - which is fine. I suppose this just means any events and etc would have to be setup manually each time?

And I totally agree with the faction wars...I had a similar setup in MC and it worked really well - I\'m not quite sure how to implement it into Starmade 100% effectively.