New ai's ram into large ships with hilarious results

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    every six ish hours when the new ai patrol rolls in.... they fly right through where my large in progress super star destroy 2800m in size, is located. they they ram into said ship it is immediately launched at 8000+ meters a second(far past my speed limit) spinning into space. giving me little time to f1 f8 into it and slap 100 100 cubes of engine and power on it to slow it down over fifteen minutes to teleport it back to spawn

Reaction score
    It's a half done job with the AI. They have done A, we have yet to see I

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Maybe we could use this as a new thruster source. Have a pickup rail scoop them into your ship, have the interior be a "net" of pickup rails. When you need to get out of a fight fast release the ship and it will push you 8000m in a direction before being captured by the internal net.

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    AFAIK next update brings some AI pathing upgrades.
    [doublepost=1485469329,1485466675][/doublepost]AFAIK next update brings some AI pathing upgrades.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Next update, or the one afterwards... Some work is done on the framework (there is a new method of longer-range collision detection calc based on spheres or something I think) but IDK if the AI actually does anything new yet.