Nerf Pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the pirates/bandits are way too strong and there are so many at once. i spawn a new server with my friends and like 8 of them come and blow every thing up, they need to not have shield or weeker armor or guns there too strong for some one that just started out, even on my single player world the pirates are so strong to me cannon. please nerf them

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The default pirate ships are extremely weak. You may not be building your ships correctly; that\'s the only idea I can think of for why it could be so difficult for you. Killing Isanth-IV ships is very easy, their shields are very weak and you can stop them easily with even a tiny ship.

The pirates actually need to be buffed alot more; Currently they are no challenge at all. Perhaps not for you, but that may be because you might not know how to build ships because you\'re new to the game.

Any questions about how to fight the pirates? Or how to build/use ships against them?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of course they\'re too strong for someone who just started, they have to be.

You can\'t expect to just pop in and start blowing them up right away, it\'s not that kind of game. It\'s a game about mining, scavenging, and performing risky thefts, all to get the resources you need to build better ships. And once you have a decent ship, no amount of pirate vessels can challenge you. If anything, they need a buff.

You start at the bottom of the ladder, the weakest sob in the universe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you think they\'re too strong (which they\'re not) look up a tutorial on how to build turrets for your ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Charge them head on, and blast thier cockpit till you hit the core, thats the fastest way to kill them.

Reaction score
    You don\'t want to try to fight pirates with a ship built with the parts you start out with. Get money first, harvest a station or any stray parts/ships you find. Go to a planet and get some cactus or plants to sell. Those go for a lot of money. Then you\'re able to build a bigger and better ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nobody kills a pirate first try...(unless they mastered ship building/mechanics), took me about a week until i figured out how to kill them/make an effective ship against pirates. tho i am a slow learner at times of frustration like that one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Try shooting a shop to make it spawn hostile mobs, then immediately log off and reenter the game. They should then be unnoccupied allowing you to harvest them for a lot of resources. This might only be single player and it may have been fixed by now, but still, if you want a (kinda) legitimate leg up, or if you\'re impatient, then try it. Might just get you killed (or rich).

Reaction score
    I found the best way to make money and resources early game is to use your starting cash to buy some salvage cannons. Then go out and find a station and take about everything you want, it gives you a lot of hull and glass you can use to build with or sell off. When it comes to fighting a pirate its best to charge them head on, even small weapons can punch through their sheilds and get to the core without too many problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don\'t worry, when I started out pirates were scary too. Then I made money.

Basically, until you have the resources to build a ship large enough to face them, ALWAYS run when you see those red markers. Don\'t be a hero.

Reaction score
    No amount of Isanths may be able to challenge you, but attack a Battlestar class pirate, and see if that provides a challenge

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just build a box out of hardened hull and fill the insides with weapons and shields and such.. BAM. You\'ve got your own battle box.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When facing pirates (like I did) for the first time, try to run away if there is a group and try to get at least only one ship to follow you, which I found out the hard way that they have like a mega range, to kill them off one by one unless you got a massive ship that can destroy every single one, but like in other games, try to focus on one and destroy it, because less pirates equals less damage but damaged but still alive (unless you shot all the weapons) can still hurt you, thats what I do to kill them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mining stations is practically cheating with the shear ammount of money and resources you get, I think they should do something about those, like maybe make them neutral, but with weapons to defend themselves or like shops with their space police...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve found the best way to fight pirates is, of all things, missiles. The lock on ones, to be exact. 2 sets of 8, pour the percentage from speed into damage, and their shield doesn\'t matter anymore. This is what I do to kill pirates from the beginning, though I still try to avoid them. A harvester on a space station is better.

If you\'re having trouble with something, try asking around. If you find that the majority of people are also having trouble, then post a suggestion. Otherwise, chances are they\'ll teach you how to avoid the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like tough pirates personally. I actually managed to rip into a couple with my poor ship designs before; I charged in like crazy and shoot missiles to disable the shields that spammed lasers to eat away their hull.

To counter shields there\'s also that power sapper which I think stops shield regen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I personally hate them. They always tear up my ships, even if its built strong. I have found that the heat seeking missles are great for deffense at the start.

I hate it when Im at a space station and a raiding party shows up and tears the whole thing up. I\'ve lost several ships to this. They ussally catch me by surprise as the message is easy to miss at times. I\'m fine with nefing them slightly.

Any suggestions about missle layout and grouping?

Reaction score
    I made very powerfull ship for myself and guess what pirates came at me with that same ship and there were 5 of them i just shoot them where the red marker is (it shows to the core) and i won cause they cant aim.

Op pirates?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m glad it is so hard. In some games *cough *cough* Minecraft. It can get a little easy. even on the hardest difficulty

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just found out that they use blueprints because a while ago i was duplicating blocks with blueprints and now when i played with my friend a few pirate ships popped up on my radar. Some of them were using the Isanth VI and my custom blueprint. So if you make a really shitty ship and save it then delete the Isanth VI from the blueprints you can make the pirates defensless. Or alternativly you can make a really hard to beat ship for the pirates to use. Hope this helped.