Bug Negative power

Reaction score
    starmade-screenshot-0040_modified.png
    On the screen here it was around -201k energy on the build menu and it looked like it was capped at that number. On the next tests i got different numbers. Note that i tried to shoot with some weapons and couldn't due to power failure .

It's pretty easy to get this minus infinite. Just dock a ship to a shop and then reload the sector, i did it by disconnecting and reconnecting in solo, didn't tested it on multiplayer and well... Got other things to do too. No problems on the blueprints and so on so that's no big deal for the ship, just undock and you're ready to go, though i don't knew this was a thing or intended. So here is the main problem :
    Are shop intended to drain all of the power of ship docked to them to prevent people to shoot while docked to a shop ? In that case shops don't do so if the sector isn't unloaded at all. On the other hand, if they do drain all of the power and it isn't intended well... It's a problem too.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are shop intended to drain all of the power of ship docked to them to prevent people to shoot while docked to a shop ?
    Yes

In that case shops don't do so if the sector isn't unloaded at all.
    Most of the time nothing works if a sector is not loaded.

On the other hand, if they do drain all of the power and it isn't intended well... It's a problem too.
    It is intended so it is not a problem.

When advanced shops first came out they had unlimited power. Anything docked to a shop is also invulnerable. So how Godlike do you want it to be? You could make very nasty use of this. Like camping on the spawn shop at 2 2 2 or anywhere else where such a shop might be located.

So it was nerfed from unlimited plus power to unlimited negative power. Though you can still have ships turrets that are self powered fire at people. While making use the shops invulnerability. The ship that they are attached to then gets his power drained but not the turret attached to the ship.

Currently Advanced Shops are mostly free parking spaces. Excelent for Nomadic people. Or those people who Home Base overflows with ships and need to park them somewhere else to lower entity pressure.

There is even a server.cfg setting that allows all shops to have basic rails for parking.

SHOP_RAILS_ON_ADV = true //Advanced shops will have 4 rails dockers that can be used like a neutral homebase (anything docked is safe)

SHOP_RAILS_ON_NORMAL = false //Normal shops will have 4 rails dockers that can be used like a neutral homebase (anything docked is safe)

Reaction score
    Most of the time nothing works if a sector is not loaded.
    That's not what i meant. I wasn't aware about shop draining power but i can understand why it has been done, i'm not contesting that.

The thing here is that shop don't drain power at all if we don't unload the sector first, disconnecting from SP in my case. Meaning that we can still abuse shop that way if it is still loaded.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The thing here is that shop don't drain power at all if we don't unload the sector first, disconnecting from SP in my case. Meaning that we can still abuse shop that way if it is still loaded.
    Sounds like a new bug if that is what is going on. The shop should simple drain your power.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    iirc it's not that the shop drains any of your power, aux will still fill itself up, but that while docked to a shop it sets your power capacity to zero. It's shield rechargers especially that drop the power into the negatives. Some power draws do still work while docked to a shop though.