NEEDED Mass indicators and please readjustment of enhancers

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Now with the new railsystem you need mass enhancers for pretty much everything a bit bigger... the thing is nothing tells you how much and on top of that they are not half as effective as the old turret enhancers. Same turret old turret enhancers 78. new mass enhancers 143 + it still does not move normally. WTF?!

OK old 78 new 349 mass enhancers to make it move properly!
    PLX fix thanx ; )
    Also turrets don't chain up mass enhancers. - bug?!
    And then turrets stop moving towards the target if when one (could also be the barrel) axis can't be turned further then the body stops turning to the target as well - definitely a bug. and in general i would love to see the moving patterns smoothed out. right now it is like adjust tilt then turn and then readjust tilt to fire

Video explains it better than just words:

Last edited:
    Reactions: zigyzigy
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Now with the new railsystem you need mass enhancers for pretty much everything a bit bigger... the thing is nothing tells you how much and on top of that they are not half as effective as the old turret enhancers. Same turret old turret enhancers 78. new mass enhancers 143 + it still does not move normally. WTF?!

OK old 78 new 349 mass enhancers to make it move properly!
    PLX fix thanx ; )
    Also turrets don't chain up mass enhancers. - bug?!
    And then turrets stop moving towards the target if when one (could also be the barrel) axis can't be turned further then the body stops turning to the target as well - definitely a bug. and in general i would love to see the moving patterns smoothed out. right now it is like adjust tilt then turn and then readjust tilt to fire
    Yes. What he said. Hopefully this is already being worked on but I would also like to add that the speed of movement on rail basics is way too slow. It makes sense for the larger objects when docked but they are really impracticle at the moment for small objects such as lifts since it is possible to move faster in a space suit that an entity docked onto a rail, even at full speed using the speed control module.

As much as i love spending time using the new rail system spending minutes at a time in elevators rather than seconds is quite boring.

Please fix this :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yes. What he said. Hopefully this is already being worked on but I would also like to add that the speed of movement on rail basics is way too slow. It makes sense for the larger objects when docked but they are really impracticle at the moment for small objects such as lifts since it is possible to move faster in a space suit that an entity docked onto a rail, even at full speed using the speed control module.

As much as i love spending time using the new rail system spending minutes at a time in elevators rather than seconds is quite boring.

Please fix this :)
    Oh Yes please 10 times the speed please thanks so we really could turn it down now there is no need to turn it down because it is sooooooo slooooooow allllreaddddddyyyyyy

Reaction score
    Maybe add others blocks that have the same effects but are 10 times quicker ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, make the default speed 2-3 times higher, and also expose it to the config. Also, let rail speed blocks be masters to other rail speed blocks as well. Each slaved rail speed block would increase the top speed of the rail by the default speed.

Reaction score
    Seriously 30min for my flag ship to travel 40 blocks to reach its final docking position. wtf is the point of this sytem? it promises hope and more function but delivered on disaster and malfunction.....we wont even cover the documentation on it.

Reaction score
    There is a way to speed up the movement of rails but I do agree the system is a bit out of proportion to the scale of things in the game. I 'think' it currently starts at 50% with the speed mods and each Activation adds 50% more raw speed. (50, 100, 150, 200, 250...) And I think it maxes at 8 blocks but I haven't played with it enough. Even at 8 blocks that is not much of a boost from the base 100%. The system should have been closer to Fibonacci sequence. 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 for example, squares are a bit too much. For hard coded numbers 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%, 500%, 800%, 1200%.

The issue with turrets is a known issue and will be patched in the short future.