Need to Lock on Waypoints before jumping to them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    What the title says.
    Maybe when you jump without a waypoint, there is a chance you overload your jump drive and jump much farther than the normal jump distance.

Reactions: Unnamed25

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I agree that accidentally right-clicking your charged JD in the middle of doing things is annoying as hell, but I still think directionally based blind jumps are useful when you are being attacked and need to GTFO quickly. Basically an emergency "oh shit" jump. Though I do think that there needs to be a large random element when it comes to blind jumps because when you have a waypoint set your jump computer automatically makes the warp calculations for that waypoint (or for a midpoint if the waypoint is out of range), but without that there's not telling where you'll end up. "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops", to quote a certain infamous scruffy-looking nerf-herder.

Perhaps when you pull a blind jump you appear at a random sector that is between 0.5 and 1.5 of your jump range and within a cone of space offset 30 degrees from your heading when you jump. Of course this makes blind jumping inherently more risky in the sense that there are a lot of places you could end up, you could "fly through a star or bounce too close to a [black hole], and that'd end your trip real quick."

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    you could "fly through a star or bounce too close to a [black hole], and that'd end your trip real quick."
    All these things can already happen with a blind jump, because you have no idea where you're going.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Because it makes more sense, at least have us needing to look at the waypoints to jump to them.