Need some math info on Damage Pulse slave and Overdrive effect combo's, specifically for missiles.

Reaction score
    So the weapons information screen is 100% wrong, doesn't give anywhere near accurate numbers for energy consumption or damage dealt.

Basically, here's my problem, I have a missile system with 734 blocks, attached to a damage pulse slave with 734 blocks, and an overdrive effect with 734 blocks. The damage info screen said I needed about 13 million energy to fire the weapon, I have 41 million capacity which was not enough to fire the missile system.

I took off the entire Overdrive effect system, leaving only the Missile master and Damage Pulse slave, the "apparent" energy requirement went down to just below 11 million to fire the weapon. The missile did now fire, but used up about 97% of my total energy capacity - almost 41 million.

Now I replaced the removed Overdrive effect with an Explosive effect, totalling 734 block (100% effect), to the system, making it a complete master/slave/effect again. Now I fired the missile with the Explosive effect attached and it uses up 0 energy - yes that's right, zero energy. My energy bar doesn't even move when firing it.

I am now unbelievably confused as to how the math works between all these systems interacting with each other. Also have no idea where the game is pulling the numbers from that it displays on the weapon information screen. Someone please help? D:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The info doesn't account for the overdrive's effect. I'd stay clear from overdrive for the moment, since the power consumption and damage is just bugged for the different weapons. Missiles are also rippled with bugs, with most being fixed in the latest dev build I believe.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have had similar questions in the past. Are the statistics for systems and how they interact posted anywhere?

Reaction score
    Fair enough, seems like a pretty lazy thing from a developer view though considering there's been several new systems constructed since the overdrive module came out and it's still bugged.

Then there is the weirdness of the explosive effect cancelling out all the energy cost of my missile weapon. I can fire it without using anything now and it does a fairly significant amount of damage.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Keptick's right about the missile bugs, there are plenty but the damage should now be fixed in the latest dev.