Need some help on a weapon system.

Reaction score
    I'm not referring to turrets, I'm referring to me planning on mounting a massive 400m+ long forward "spinal lance" on the hull of a dreadnought I'm currently building. I need an idea on a master/slave/effect setup that would deal the most damage to large objects. I was planning it to be a two stage attack, first couple volleys are ion effect but I need ideas on the second stage.

Any ideas? The lance weapon I want is one that can obliterate capital ships, stations etc in a a couple volleys....well stations may be pushing it but at least it should be causing major damage.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here is a thought.
    Use the idea of the right mouse vs left mouse in the link below.
    You could use rockets or cannons. It just becomes more effective and you can bore a hole through stuff pretty fast. Since big ships move slow they are even easier to use it on.
    Left Mouse vs Right Mouse

That or go with a single very powerful lock on missile. Use a bunch of low power missile to distract turrets and give the main weapons chance to get through.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If it's going to be 400m long you could easily do a missile drill. Basically you setup a long chain of outputs all in the same line. When they all fire at once they fire a long chain of missiles that all pretty much hit the same spot. It can be pretty devastating from what I here. As far as master/slave/effect... not sure what is the best, but Missile/Beam/Explosive probably wouldn't be a bad start. But the cool think about a missile drill is that each missile can potentially have it's own master/slave/effect setup. IE the first couple of missiles could be Ion to take down shields, and then the next couple could be punch through to get through the armor. And then last ones could be explosive to take out the most internal systems.

Let me know how it goes :)

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    If it's going to be 400m long you could easily do a missile drill. Basically you setup a long chain of outputs all in the same line. When they all fire at once they fire a long chain of missiles that all pretty much hit the same spot. It can be pretty devastating from what I here. As far as master/slave/effect... not sure what is the best, but Missile/Beam/Explosive probably wouldn't be a bad start. But the cool think about a missile drill is that each missile can potentially have it's own master/slave/effect setup. IE the first couple of missiles could be Ion to take down shields, and then the next couple could be punch through to get through the armor. And then last ones could be explosive to take out the most internal systems.

Let me know how it goes :)
    Mind explaining how to set it up? An image/video of one would be nice. this is my first time building a weapon like this, and i don't want to be worrying about having to redo the entire lance.

Also I forgot to mention the ship will have over 30,000,000 power capacity and high power regen so power supply won't be much of a issue.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Pierce is better for anti-armor missiles than punch FYI.