need "Logical" help with a cannon/beam machinegun

Reaction score
    waitup... when did cannon+cannon slaves come into the picture; THOSE PROJECTILES ARE SLOW! cannon+beam slaves projectiles ARE TWICE AS FAST. however cannon+cannon take about 0.1 secs to fire while cannon+beam take about 5 secs, so thats why i need so many weapon groups (to compensate for the low firerate by having multiple go off at one after the other).

The logics not "outdated" its, well i don't know but i can make it no problem (dissected the logic in maybe 2 minutes) but it despite it being only 18 blocks i don;t know why it works, and how to modify it to my means.

if you need help duplicating the logic to help me out:
    20171211185558_1.jpg 20171211185612_1.jpg 20171211185638_1.jpg 20171211185645_1.jpg 20171211185652_1.jpg 20171211185659_1.jpg 20171211185717_1.jpg 20171211185726_1.jpg 20171211185740_1.jpg 20171211185758_1.jpg
    (cont...)

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    So you need a counter that counts to over 20 to chain-fire a lot of cannon-beam weapons lined up behind each other. You can extend that one. It's a chain of flip flops with a NOT off each. As you cycle the input to the first flip-flop and advance the flip-flop chain the pattern including the NOT's will be different at each step. So for each step on the flip-flop chain you link all of the 'on' (blue) flip-flops and NOTs to one of the ANDS which will then only come on at that step on the chain.
    Also to avoid logic-race issues the NOT off the input it linked to all the ANDs so that they can't activate while the pulse is sent to the chain but only after the chain has finished updating.

Reactions: Skwidz
    Reaction score
    sorry foe the delay been workin on some other WIPs, and yeah i'm not sure what your saying about linking them to NOT's as i don't know to much about logic but anyway i'm afraid that this thread has become moot with the latest update.

my idea of a fast bullet machinegun was gonna use the manual turret mode as it first came out as turrets aimed and shot without a hotbar tab which i was going to use a ship remote however now it requires a manual turret tab to track sooooo... that sucks.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's a cool idea and can be utilised, I've used something similar on my "culter dei" battlecruiser available in CC, but in combat, in this game, it's not very useful to only forward fire. So you can set up a cannon-beam machinegun with high fire rate, or beam-beam is my preference, by putting them on an AI controlled turret with select fire and using many computers with staggered reload timers via differing beam% supports (first shot is "all at once" before reload timers stagger the shots into a machine gun pattern), the larger the weapon the faster it can fire without any real limits other than what the engine can handle.

Works just the same for missiles but obviously the power costs to get that first shot out in time for the first reload cycle can be extreme (but less than if you didn't choose to do this, which is quite the mass saver if you do this across all turrets)

Reaction score
    So i have this idea for a logic weapon, a big gun consisting of a line of cannon/beam cannons in a sort of barrel configuration and making it a machinegun (much like a cannon/cannon) but shooting very fast bullets.
    I figure i could achieve this with a very fast logic clock and that activates a string of activation blocks in a series, at least 20 so i could link it to that many computers, but i've hit a snag... i don't know logic.

Any help would be appreciated, i mean it's almost christmas and i just want some dakka
    i think this is what you want:
    atatching a blueprint of this setup so you may look how its build.

im really bad at explayning so i will not try ^^

This may help:

just link weapon computers instead of lights to the clock outputs.
    this will sadly not work for something like this because it does not give a stable "Alternating" puls from start to end.
    and you will need 2 Pulses that come opposed to each other for a working chainswitching. using a not on this fast clock to get the alternating pulse does not work because of the way the game handles logic :-(

Attachments

Last edited: