Need help with Turrets! *solved*

Reaction score
    So, me and my brother are loving this game, we have a large number of ships of varying power, capabilities, and efficiencies. But our two favorite (and biggest) ships, the Tytan and the Epyk, have turret docking stations, with that have ship cores controlled by AI that are connected to power cores, shield cores, thrusters, and a weapons computer that controls Anti-matter cannons. These were awesome looking

But they didnt shoot. EVER, they would aim, i would activate the AI module and select-

Target: Any

Type: Turret

Active: [X]

while my brother used these ships' primary weapons i would be in build mode repairing, and i noticed that , although the turrets woudl move and "aim" at anything that was shooting at us, the cannons themselves would never fire, and the turrets would end up gettign de-docked by a potshot from AI if/when the shields went down.

Does anyone know/understand how turrets/AI work in all functionality? I want the turrets to target Pirate ships and the ships of other players/ships that do not belong to the faction me and my brother create/are in. (Ex. When we shoot a shop, and fight tradign guild ships, as soon as one of their shots hit iur shields all the turrets would aim at it, but never fire on it. Same for Pirates).

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did.

Solved! They need to have a faction core!

Reaction score
    I believe that turrets can only use antimatter cannons. My turrets work fine. You could also try reactivating the turrets.

Reaction score
    Ok thx MrDurronko! I attached a faction core and hit \"enter faction signature\" and the ship turned green and shot some of my other ship blueprints that were floating around, i tried it on some pirates and it shot those as well!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    By the looks of it u need a faction module on your turrets, the reason y they don\'t shoot is because they don\'t know which side they are on to begin with.