need help with installing texture packs!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have been playing starmade for about a year now and i have always wanted to add new texture's, but when i searched tutorial's on youtube for it they were all outdated, i tried to add files into the block folder and replacing the default texture pack but when i tried to launch the game i wouldn't start so i had to play from the back ups i had made a month ago so all my new ships were lost, i would be really pleased if someone told me how to add textures to the updated version of starmade.
    many thanks stowbag. (in game name epic_felix)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, copy your custom textures outside the folder. Then replace the texture folder in that version of starmade with one from an older version of starmade, which should fix that error. To make a new texture, under texture/block, make a new folder with the name of your texture pack. Then add a folder under that with whatever size you made your pack (64, 128, 256) and put the files in there.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

This is the file structure (Minus documents. Your Starmade is where ever you have it.). Just take the entire block texture pack you have and drop it into here.