Need help with factories

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I need some help, can anyone tell me how to make a basic factory? i have the blocks/power, but i dont know how to get it all set up.

Please help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    13 posts / 1 new
    First unread Last post
    Sun, 01/27/2013 - 18:10 #1
    Zyrafyr

Send PM
    Guide for Factories
    Ok, so after playing with the factory system I figured I\'d share a little of what I learned. This guide is just to help players get started, you will have to figure out the rest on your own. For the officially released recipes: http://www.star-made.org/content/master-recipe-list-factories-and-produc.... Yeah, confusing. Anyway you may have noticed that shops only sell : factory input, mineral separator, particle press, and Schemadine Advanced. Those are what you need to get started.

Now the basics. Factories can only be built on a planet, asteroid, or station. I haven\'t tried the asteroid but heard that they worked. Factories need power and minerals to produce. They can be connected to each other for automated manufacturing.

Shopping list: 4x Bobby AI, 1x Factory Input, 2x Particle Press, 1x Mineral Separator, and 1x Schemadine Advanced. Minerals needed: 20x Insanium L1, 10x Negagate L1, and 10x Quantagen.

Ok, now we need to make the Schemadine 1000 and 2000. They are the actual factory parts that make anything you\'d want for ship building or station building, well the important stuff anyway. You can\'t buy them however if you are lucky you may get them as a mob drop. To make them we have to place the factory input first, then the Particle Press then the Schemadine Advanced in a line with one block of nothing in between as spacing. This is to help see how they are hooked up together. Now look at and select the Schemadine Advanced with \"C\" then look at and connect it to the Particle Press with \"V.\" A tube with a yellow glowing light will appear. The light will move from the PP to the Schemadine advanced to show in witch direction the materials will move. Now select the PP with \"C\" and attach it to the factory input. There you go you now have a small factory! That produces factory parts... and a few other things.

Now to make the schemadine 1000 place 2x Bobbiy AI in the Factory input (its ok if it disappears its supposed to) 10x Negagate L1, and 10x Insanium L1. In the PP two schemadine 1000 should be there, go ahead and take them.

Now for the SD 2000 place 2x Bobby AI, 10x Quantagen L1, and 10x Insanium L1 into the Factory input.

At this point you should have two of each schemadine 1000, 2000 and PP. One of each : Factory input, mineral separator, and one Schemadine Advanced.

Disconnect the Schemadine Advanced for the purpose of this guide its no longer needed, but don\'t throw it away, you will use it in the future.

Ok so to make a simple but efficient factory you need to lay it out in a \"Y\" like shape, so factory input --> mineral separator. Now place two PP to form a Y and connect both to the mineral separator. Now you have to make a decision on what you want to make. Power blocks and shields are popular items since they are used a lot. The SD 1000 makes Shields, 2000 makes power blocks. Whatever your decision attach one SD to one PP. Why? It will double the production speed and keep up with the mineral separator. If you put any mineral of a greater quality than L1 the separator will break it down to L1. Example: 1x L2 = 10x L1. Parts that the PP produces needs 5x L1 minerals for each product that the SD needs to make the good stuff.

Anyway if you want to make Shields: place Insanium and Succumite in the Factory input, for Power: place Extranium and Exogen. Make sure you have the right factories hooked up.

If you want to make anything else use the Official recipe list and have fun!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Basically none of what he posted is true anymore (and I can\'t help you, since I haven\'t used the new systems either).

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/factory-questions-possible-wiki-information

not long ago, several of us spent time to explain the newer factories in the above link.