Need help on new turrets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, in short i built this.
    244770_screenshots_2015-05-20_00008.jpg

This is using the new turret rail blocks. I took my 1mill target dummy slapped a turret platform on it. Then added a section that turns horizontal, then added 2 amc/amc/explosive barrels on it. I put a boby on each barrel. the 2 guns fire at targets that are in front of them however they do not move to aim at the target. they only fired if i moved the ship in there line of sight. I then took one barrel off to see it they where fighting and that did not help. I then added a boby to the 3rd part and that did not help. Is the boby AI not compatible to the rail turret block?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK I did some work with it and 1st found out my turret was to big for the rail.. had to add enhancers to it. 2nd you need to orientate the base to the ship and the guns to the base. I had the guns tipped on there sides. 3rd the turrets do fight one another but not badly. They had picked different targets and the base would not work until they picked the same target. I will have to rebuild the barrels into one so it dose not work like a 2 headed ogre.

Reaction score
    I am having tons of trouble getting turrets to work.

Does it tell you if you need mass enhancers?

any "rules" needed for turrets AI, i heard you need the AI touching the core block? Just cant seem to get the AI to shoot or move at anything in a turret.

I did manage to get it to follow both axis of movement. And the turret seems to work on manual.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pretty sure you only need the AI touching the weapon computers, and you need to make sure you have dragged the weapon computer down onto the ship's hotbar.

Reaction score
    I will test it again when i get home.

Is there a better way to test than just seeking out some pirates and hoping it works?

Reaction score
    Pretty sure you only need the AI touching the weapon computers, and you need to make sure you have dragged the weapon computer down onto the ship's hotbar.
    ???

AI & computers need to be on the same shipcore, other than that there's no placement restrictions I've observed. As far as controlling rotation, it just needs to be the last docked object to a turret axis block.

Hotbar is for player, pretty sure the AI doesn't need it.

2 AI would be pointless as OP has figured out by now. They are going to be in contention to aim the turret. You can build "seperate barrels" that are still on the same shipcore with empty space between them.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The AI merely has to be part of the same entity. its placement is not relevant as far as I can tell.