Need help, Game won't start D:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Basically, I click the "Start Game" on the first SM launcher window (the updater) and then it just closes. No logs, no error message even when I reload it, just nothing ._.

I DO have the most recent 64 bit Java
    My graphics card IS up to date, and has run starmade just days ago
    I have Re-installed DirectX since my recent PC refresh
    My antivirus should be allowing it to run

Really, the only thing different with my PC is the fact that I was forced to refresh it a few days ago due to it Bluescreening and refusing to come back up. I've already patched my version of SM back to where it needed to be through steam. It also ensured I have the most recent Java version and windows update (seeing as I had to reinstall all of that myself.....)

Specs:
    RAM: 8GB
    Graphics Card: Intel Family Integrated card. (HAS RUN STARMADE PERFECTLY FINE BEFORE)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    My best 3 guesses are:
    1. Steam corrupted the StarMade install. Force Download&Overwrite should fix this.
    2. You don't have openGL installed. (StarMade doesn't use DirectX)
    3. The memory settings are invalid.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Where does one obtain OpenGL by chance? *Complete noob*
    Most of the time, it comes with the graphics driver, so I doubt this is the cause, but it technically is possible.
    If it turns out to be the actual case[which cannot really be found out by just observing starmade's crashes], the best way to go about it would be to consult the manufacturer of your GPU.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Most of the time, it comes with the graphics driver, so I doubt this is the cause, but it technically is possible.
    If it turns out to be the actual case[which cannot really be found out by just observing starmade's crashes], the best way to go about it would be to consult the manufacturer of your GPU.
    Seeing as my PC uninstalled DirectX (Even though it should have re-installed when I updated my PC...) I'm not putting it past it. I guess I'll do some digging to see if it's missing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Alright, so I had to run Steam in administrator mode, but I managed to find the problem; half my files were somehow corrupted....

I hate this PC....

Everything's working fine now that I've repaired it.