NASSvote III

What should be the new speed limit?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    OK. So with bigger sectors officially decided at 10km large we need a better top speed. As it is the DAEMON will provide use with some FTLish teleportation and overdrive will give some ships double the speed. The max I'm willing to push is 300mps. However with some stability fixes coming soon we might be able to triple that with double the triple on overdrive. But that's then. This is now. 200 seems pretty fair but I'll put it to the vote.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I agree with 200. Most servers tend to average between 150-200, and going anywhere above or around 300 tends to cause problems.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Elwyn and Infinite Havoc both operate at 300 with no issues what so ever, the issues tend to start more towards 500 now, and with the recent thruster nerfs, getting to that speed is harder :)

Reactions: Jerry_Brinefield

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you consider that admins can change thrust per block and how it scales with block count?

I don't vote because I don't play on NASS, but I like the defaults you choose as some shared ship blueprints will be built for that speed :)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I'm leaning towards the 200-250 and I could still veto w/e decision is made here (tho 200 is winning) in the vote but I doubt I'd be able to justify it to myself. 150 just doesn't grab me and 200 isn't bad considering some testing I did.

I can't change my vote or I'd prolly reverse on that 300. I was using it offline and it just doesn't feel right.

EDIT: AAAAAND 200 wins. That's a max of 400 with overthrust.

Last edited: