NASSvote I

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    With the reset coming up for NASS main (4242) we've got the chance to make some changes. This first topic is to decide on what changes should be voted on. There's only a day or two to wait on this subject and the next posts will be actual polled votes.

So crack open your copy of server.cfg, peek around. Tell us what you'd like to see as options to be decided on by fellow NASS starmates.

48 hours from the time of this post we'll stop taking input and begin voting proper.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Ho boy

Since I don't have access to the NASS current server.cfg I'll just post what I have in mind anyways.

SECTOR_SIZE = 2500
    THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT = 150
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    PROJECTILES_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER = 1.5
    PROJECTILES_ADDITIVE_VELOCITY = true
    AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = 75
    SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS = 1000000
    SHOP_NPC_RECHARGE_CREDITS = 75000

I would highly advise AGAINST enabling collison/breakoff in their current form. Both features are still wildly unstable and cause even single player to lag excessively.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am just curious how other servers will use their config choices...

... but I hope you know that a weapons aim angle does not calculate own distance*speed.
    You might end up with not being able to hit the point you wanted even on a stationary object.

Also some config values are linked:
    Somebody may agree on higher thrusts if sector size is 10'000, but not with default (2500) sector size. He will agree on higher sector size if thrust is higher, but not if thrust is default :p

I will watch how you set up your vote as the server I am playing on will likely need a vote for all this as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    PHYSICS_LINEAR_DAMPING = (however low you can reasonably get it)
    SECTOR_SIZE = (between 5000 and 10000, in this case though bigger is better :P)
    Higher sector sizes I can agree on as long as the daemons !fold and jumpgate systems are easily accessible (perhaps even being able to buy gates with cash should the economy be fixed.). Then we may not even need to increase thrust all that much. I'd want to suggest seeing how low you can get linear damping since it's a pain all be it necessary until we have a way to stop ships drifting into the abyss.

Increasing the distance AI can hit from.
    AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = ?
    Not sure what to suggest, it may already be quite high but i don't recall. Want more opinions on this setting.

PHYSICS_ROTATIONAL_DAMPING = ?
    I actually kind of want to see this value increase, it makes rotation slower if increased. Might be an unpopular choice for the cap flying elite.4

TURNING_DIMENSION_SCALE = 1.1 //Scaling of turning speed VS ship dimension (default = 1.1)
    Not sure how this particular setting works but I want turning speed to be based on mass only not dimension, since that kind of favours doomcubes. (Although I really do think anyone who builds a stupidly thin ship that's 600m long should be punished game play wise this is not the way.)

More as I dwell on the topic.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    As it stands I plan on a thrust of 200 with a sector size of 8km. Unless either seems disagreeable I'd like to see the three voteable spots used for something else.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    8km seems excessive imo but that may just be me.

whoops this is a done deal

Once again,

AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.5
    - This is to prevent dunking a single pirate station making you rich 4 lyfe

PROJECTILES_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER = 1.5
    PROJECTILES_ADDITIVE_VELOCITY = true
    -shit hits better, especially with the changes in speed you made

AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = 75
    -AI 2 accurate, make nerf

SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS = 1000000
    SHOP_NPC_RECHARGE_CREDITS = 75000
    IIRC the shops on NASS used to have ridiculous amounts of credits in them. With money so readily available, it takes away from the challenge.

AND NOW!

PHYSICS_LINEAR_DAMPING = 0.01 (dock your shit lite)
    PHYSICS_ROTATIONAL_DAMPING = 0.01