NASS Ship Racing!!

Reaction score
    Ever want fly across sectors in a fit a rage killing everyone in front of you just to ram the dreadnaught at the finish line?! WELL NOW YOU CAN!!

Server: NASS

IP: starmade.nasszone.com:4242

Alright Seriously, i want to host an event maybe bi weekly on NASS where players will be able to bring there ships 225 mass and under (sounds like a fun number) show them off and then race! we will start in a TBD sector, along the course will be various checkpoints all the way to the finish line.

How it may work: im hoping to get 4-6 players per team and as many teams as we end up with. the idea is a relay race so team 1's bob and jim can get a break at the first check point because by then thier ships are probably shot to hell, so then bob and jim's teammates tony and joe and keep going and hopefully win the race.

Check points will have a path, but will be sparactic so you may have to stop and reset your nav point and get moving again. Also so you can stop at a shop along the way and replace your ship if you choose to.

So if it isnt clear you make use whatever means you want to reach the finish line, cloaking, jammers, or DAKKA (bang bang)! But one of your two teammates better reach the finish line. Which will probably not be a big ship for you to ram.... no, no it will be, that give you something to look forward to when your adrenaline is pumping at the last sector strech and you have someone poking his way up the arse of your ship.

Max Speed: 150 (as this is the max speed limit on NASS currently, but this could be changed for the event... maybe)

Mass limit: 75 and under, ships must be ships, what do i mean by that? i mean not blocks of guns and thusters.

Limitations: 5 block antimatter cannon (but as many of those individual 5 block AMCs as you can fit.)

no shields! better get used to learning how to hull armor as ship :)

Missiles?! any missile you want, but BBs probably aren't the best choice (5 block limit, like the AMCs).

Cloakers?? YES!

Jammers?? YES!

have fun folks!

how many sectors?: TBD (like to see how many people respond to this.)

Rewards: What kind of rewards would you guys like to see? post!

This is quick darft of the idea to get it out there. Let me know if you are interested or would like so thiings changed or added to the idea.

-Ira Sol

-Sons of Fenrir

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Sign me up for whatever team you want, Speeders of Fenrir? ^^

Can\'t wait to see people get creative with the mass limit!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    you mean we cant have thrusters??

and how do you mean mass of 75?

Reaction score
    I might join, if the time suits me.

Perhaps you could have different races for various classes of ships, maybe go by mass, number of thrusters, etc.

Reaction score
    When i said not blocks of thrusters or guns i mean ships made out of pretty much nothing but guns and thrusters and nothing else. Of course you can have thrusters, this isn\'t a snail race.

When you go into build mode in your ship, look where your sector normally appears. instead there will be thrust and mass of your ship.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ira can you confirm the mass limit? You\'ve got 225 and 75 in different places in the OP.

ImperialDonut

Reaction score
    How\'s this coming along, I wanna see some races going on? :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Liking the sound of this, would be great if you could get some footage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think Ira ment to say 225 is the max mass of the full ship (with guns, thrusters and all), and 75 is the limit of the hull and such blocks, not counting thrusters and weapon blocks.

Anyway, wasn\'t the fun number 255 ? The max bits in certain systems :D

ImperialDonut

Reaction score
    I baggered him into realising that 75 would inspire the most creative racer designs, having to really use every point of mass as best you can. :P

But this whole race thing has been put on hold since he hasn\'t been around much I think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This sounds fun, and I would join when it is up and running. This is the first time I made an actual ship and quite plaesed with it.

Reaction score
    I think this would be interesting, either to participate or to watch. But the requirements/restrictions are not clear at all, unless they\'re just completely undecided still.

Is the mass limit 75 or 225? I was thinking there should be a minimum/maximum, which would divide ships into classes of sorts. Also, appearance should matter, at least at a minimum, there should be some kind of guidelines.

Is a core sufficient as a cockpit, or should there be something you can stand up in, so to say?

Are turrets allowed, assuming they are included into the mass limit?

What about having a copilot, so as to operate a turret? What if the turret is built to appear to be mannable, as opposed to just AI controlled? Of course that would look clunky on a small speeder, but would be proportionate on a larger ship. Perhaps allow a copilot/turret gunner on the larger class ships? Or is that getting too much out of the racing theme?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m more than interested, I\'m excited, but this seems to be falling to the wayside. Are we still on? And I\'m holding off building my racer til some of the previously asked questions are answered. Just being cautious. Thanks!

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ira_Sol has long been inactive. I think it\'s safe to say this isn\'t going to happen unless someone steps up to try and organize.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What are the chances of that? I\'m really looking for something like this, but unable to host my own server.