Naming Weapon Systems

Reaction score
    Would be pretty cool, just so you can give your systems some of those awesome technobabble names like "Phase Cannons" or "Resonant Graviton Beam".

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Would be pretty cool, just so you can give your systems some of those awesome technobabble names like "Phase Cannons" or "Resonant Graviton Beam".
    What's keeping you from? I call my amc-amc-stop weapons positronic disruptor fields :p

Or did you mean like assigning a tag to the weapons, so that when you select it that name pops up?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I just call things CCPi, CCPu, BPI, BMO, etc.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, I like that idea. Would make it easier to figure which weapon is which.

Reaction score
    What's keeping you from? I call my amc-amc-stop weapons positronic disruptor fields :p

Or did you mean like assigning a tag to the weapons, so that when you select it that name pops up?
    I do that too xD

But I meant like physically naming the systems in game, yeah. When you look at them in the weapons tab and on your action bar they are called what you name them.

Reactions: RoyalWolfe
    Reaction score
    Schema has actually talked about this concept, that's not to say it's a confirmed thing, but it's an idea he has thought of.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Schema has actually talked about this concept, that's not to say it's a confirmed thing, but it's an idea he has thought of.
    I don't see a reason Not to put it in. I can't think of any gameplay elements that would make this change problematic

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How much Bytes does stuff like weapon and logic really use in RAM? You can't really put 20 links into 3 bytes :p

Display blocks are nice and I see no reason why this shouldn't be implemented for weapon computers too. Animated ANSI-graphics displays on them like displayed shield values on display blocks.
    Or just a name for your structure/weapon tab.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Bump.

I was about to start a new thread but...here we are already good to go. Release the Necro-Hounds!

This should be simple to implement and would really help when selecting weapon systems from the hot bar. It would add a great RP element and even open the door to a new category for the dock: 'Awesome Custom Weapon-System Templates'. Who does not dig the idea of: not just creating an Uber-cool death-ray but giving it a catchy moniker to impress your allies and strike fear into the hearts of all who oppose you?

A lovingly crafted weapon deserves the same respect as a turret or a ship.

[Star-Burst, Death-Star, Death-Blossom, Storm-Bringer, Reason, Boom-Stick, My Little Friend, the Equalizer, Sting, Glamdring, Vera.]

Last edited:
    Reactions: Shadow2Lead