Names and Grouping for PlexDoors

Reaction score
    Just a quick idea for the PlexDoors.

Since the addition of the Structure Tab, you can toggle any of the doors open or closed. I've used PlexDoors on one of my ships to create gangplanks, exit ramps and landing gear. I can extend the gear while piloting from my structure tab and land nicely on a planet... like a delicate butterfly. :P

It would be nice to have the ability to add names to each door... Left Side Hatch, Left Side Inner Airlock, Rear Hatch, Front Landing Gear, Right Shuttle Bay Door, etc... so it would be much easier to figure out which ones they are in the structure tab info. They are currently listed by coordinate position requiring me to write the numbers down in notepad for reference. I can imagine on very large capitol ships it's simply out of the question making any real use of the toggling capability in the structure tab as you would have to scan through hundreds of sets of numbers searching for that one door you wish to toggle open or closed.

Beyond that, it might also be useful to group a number of doors together. That way I could group all my landing gear under a single toggle, or, upon landing, toggle open one of my side bay doors while simultaneously extending the exit ramp, etc.