My turrets don't fire at other turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I put a bunch of large turrets on my destroyer-type ship. They work pretty well against enemy pirate ships. But I have a problem. My turrets do not fire AT ALL against enemy turrets. This is a problem especially when the pirate ships use turrets, their ship goes down, but their turrets remain and their turrets then continue to fire on my ship, while my turrets do nothing at all.

Is there a way to fix this? Did I do something wrong?

Reaction score
    My turrets love shooting at other turrets.

The turret AI is kinda derpy about noticing and picking targets. You did nothing wrong. Sometimes it shoots, sometimes it doesn\'t, and sometimes it only shoots at some things.

Reaction score
    I noticed that they immediately open fire when the enemy turrets disconnect from their mother ship

Reaction score
    Same problem here. I can only add that my turrets randomly rotate around when an enemy turret shoots my ship.

Reaction score
    Turrets DO target ships, however. What\'s that mean? Well, a disconnected turret is a ship, so turrets will fire at it. Also, if the AI of a turret is set to \"ship\" rather than \"turret\" may be considered a viable target by the turret AI. Also, if the AI module on a ship\'s turret is set to \"ship\" and then blueprinted, any pirates spawned from that blueprint will inhereit that.

I think that\'s how it works. I could be wrong.

Reaction score
    An option perhaps may be to set the AI of your turrets to fire at your designated target instead of the default ANY.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    They still will not fire at other turrets even when targeted. Docked ships do not register as available targets to the turret AI. They\'ll look at them and twitch but never fire.