My ships keeps spins.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is an on and off problem, (on right now) but there are times when, upon entering flight mode, my ship immediately starts rolling. The rotation is always restricted to the blue (Y?) axis.

Other times a ship I'm in will slowly drift while I'm in build mode. And to be clear no, it's not continuing rotation that started in flight mode that wasn't canceled before switching to build mode. I think the spinning is generally in a left-downish direction. (Haven't had this problem in a little while, so I don't entirely remember.)

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Your ship is cursed by the spirit of Ridik. Please invest in a Holy Stahp Beam from the Faith of the Holy Stahp. The prototype of the Holy Stahp successfully purged the spirit from NFD.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This sure sounds like a problem with an uncentered joystick poluting the pilot control input. Does the spinning continue when you use "C" to redirect the ship to Galactic North?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This sure sounds like a problem with an uncentered joystick poluting the pilot control input. Does the spinning continue when you use "C" to redirect the ship to Galactic North?
    It does for me, generally I have to let my ship sit there for a few minutes after its stopped moving when "c" was used before it stops doing it in build mode, and even then, it doesn't always work.

Another one im curious about, sometimes when I stop my ship(speed is 0) and ill sit there for a bit and hold the shift key before going to build mode, my ship will start moving again, without any inputs from me.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I've occasionally had issues of very slowly sliding in build mode. Relauching the game would usually fix it.

Reaction score
    Did you checked your controls ? On the last update i got a few controls that changed and having the forward and build mode keys on the same button is... :mad:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Had this issue a lot when controls change when they shouldn't. Basically it's trying to roll and change modes at the same time. One way around this is to dock your ship to something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Did you checked your controls ? On the last update i got a few controls that changed and having the forward and build mode keys on the same button is... :mad:
    For me at least, this has been going on for the last...4 patches, the most recent is the only one that i know of that changed controls.

Oh, another one, is it a bug that i have to enter build mode to get my reticule to change to the tracking missile one

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Yes I have experienced that too but not lately. (Reboot?)

In addition, if you spawn a Base I believe it will slowly drift until it reaches the center of the sector.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Also noticed even if the controls aren't the cause sometimes the ship will turn and move in some way on it's own. EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have experienced that too but not lately. (Reboot?)

In addition, if you spawn a Base I believe it will slowly drift until it reaches the center of the sector.
    Never seen the base drifting thing. o_O

Reaction score
    Also noticed even if the controls aren't the cause sometimes the ship will turn and move in some way on it's own. EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!
    That's the pointer of the mouse going far away almost instantly, don't know why it does so.